Fenix P1D-CE keychain hole broke

Noct

Newly Enlightened
The keychain hole on my P1D is broken off. Is it even feasible to try and get it repaired? I now no longer carry an everyday flash light since it broke off. Just curious if anyone knew. Thanks.

Bushman5

Enlightened
i've broken 2 of them at the keyhole. Dont have pics or the lights anymore, but i drilled out the BACK of the tube, threaded a tiny eyebolt thru it and loctited it in with a Nylock nut, washers and loctite.

Bomber tough!

sabre7

Enlightened
I never use fishing snap swivels directly in the keychain hole-- the thin gauge steel wire wears through the soft aluminum much quicker than split rings.

recDNA

Flashaholic
i've broken 2 of them at the keyhole. Dont have pics or the lights anymore, but i drilled out the BACK of the tube, threaded a tiny eyebolt thru it and loctited it in with a Nylock nut, washers and loctite.

Bomber tough!

I'm sorry to hear that's a problem. I replaced the LD10 I lost with a Fenix P1D-CE Premium Q5 CREE Q5 Mini LED Flashlight and I'm thrilled with it. The LD10 head kept alternately tightening and loosening on the keychain until it fell off and I lost it. The head on my PD1 is tight enough so it doesn't move on its own. So far I like the PD1 MUCH better than my LD10 anyway. I just hope the hole on mine doesn't rupture.

I'm still sick over losing the LD10 but if I hadn't I never would have tried out the PD1. It's funny how things happen.

I wonder if there is something I can do to strengthen or bolter the opening so it doesn't break on me? I'm always banging my keys around and there is no way I'm going to wear the holster.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bomber tough!
Maybe a modding service?

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I never use fishing snap swivels directly in the keychain hole-- the thin gauge steel wire wears through the soft aluminum much quicker than split rings.

Did the poster say he used fishing snap swivels?

recDNA

Flashaholic
It is post #1 if you would like to double check.

"
The keychain hole on my P1D is broken off. Is it even feasible to try and get it repaired? I now no longer carry an everyday flash light since it broke off. Just curious if anyone knew. Thanks. "

Where?