Ferrari Concorso 2009 [Pic. Heavy]

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every Father's day there is a Ferrari show at the capitol building in Hartford (that would be the capitol of Connecticut).
Here are a few pictures of the Ferraris in attendance. If there is enough interest I can post more; I have far more pictures than I can realistically post here.

Some of the pictures obviously have other people in them; although I tried to take pictures when people weren't posing with the cars (which is really annoying...)

First, some older Ferraris:
330GT
330gtresize.jpg

I believe this one is a 250 TR 61 (Testa Rossa) Spyder Fantucci, but I didn't get the identification sign in the picture:
EDIT: This is the TRI61, which won first place at Le Mans in 1961. It is by far the rarest and most valuable car of the whole show.
ferraritr61.jpg

I believe this is an engine of a 360:
ferrari360engine.jpg

Here is another 360. You can get an idea of how many cars were there by looking in the background:
ferrari360.jpg

Here is a nice blue 360:
360cropped.jpg

Here is a Testarossa's engine (this would be the 80's-90's ferrari, not one of the older "Testa Rossa" racecar):
testarossaengine.jpg

Now here is the REAL star of the show:
enzofront.jpg

enzoangle.jpg

A Ferrari Enzo in "giallo modena" yellow. For some reason some of the shots of the Enzo are darker than the rest; I believe I had my D90 on aperature priority (because I am lazy). I have MANY more pictures of the Enzo from different angles if anyone is interested.

Here is a 456GT with "4 seats"
ferrari456gt.jpg

However, as you can see here, the rear seat has limited usefulness (It may be hard to see in this picture; I was using a polarizing filter, but the sky was overcast and it really didn't work all that well):
ferrari456seat.jpg

As you can see in the picture, there is optimistically only a few inches of leg space, even with the seat in a reasonable position as the right one is (the left seat seems to be back a little farther than driving position).

Well that is enough for now; I might post some more pictures later if anyone is interested, since it takes a while to select the pictures, crop/edit/resize them, and upload them.

Last edited:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My father was in town, and he has a bad knee (semi-succesful knee replacement almost 2 years ago) and was not comfortable walking around. Otherwise, we would have went. Perhaps next year.
We did walk by (my wife and I) some kind of gathering beforehand in West Hartford, where approx 15 Ferraris were parked with their owners.
Some wonderful cars were there.

Thanks for the pics!! Still wish I could have been there...but yor pictures dulled the pain!!!

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well considering that new enzo buyers had to pay a $7700 gas guzzler tax, I'm thinking the $4500 rebate might not quite be worth it.
Other than that, I sure would like to trade in an Enzo for a nice economical Prius!

The guy who owns the Enzo is a partner at a law firm in West Hartford, but I'm not sure what town he actually lives in.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Gorgeous blends of art and machine and probably the best known racing heritage. I love Ferrari.

Thanks for these very sharp pictures! :twothumbs

Btw, I'm partial to the 250TR.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I did some more research, and I think you might have a hard time getting that TR 61.
It is more accurately a TRI/61, and as you can see, it is number 10.

This was the very car that WON LE MANS IN 1961. It is not a replica, it is the actual car, which was driven by Phill Hill and Olivier Gendebien. Apparently only 2 of this specific model were ever made, and this number 10 was the winner of Le mans in 1961.
A similar 250 TR from 1957 (although it is a different car, and doesn't look the same at all) recently sold for OVER 12 MILLION DOLLARS. I don't believe that model came in first at Le Mans and Sebring like this one did, so this could be worth more than that.
Apparently it is owned by Peter Sachs, who is affiliated somehow with Goldman Sachs; probably a member of the Sachs family who founded it.

Had I known how rare this car was, I would have taken more pictures of it!

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 360 still has my vote as most beautiful car ever :thumbsup:

In that case, here are some photos you might like:
red360.jpg

360 Challenger Stradale:
challengerstradale.jpg

Here is a close up of its wheel:
360wheel.jpg

Here are some racing versions; the one on the far right is actually a 355 (precursor to the 360), while the second from the right is a 430 (successor to the 360). The rest are simply 360's that are used for racing:
racecars.jpg

Here is another 360 engine from a different angle (I believe it is from the yellow one in the picture):
360engine2.jpg

Here is another 430, although whoever parked it did a pretty bad job :tsk::
430u.jpg

I also have more 360 Pictures from last year as well as a few more of their engines from this year.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Serious eye candy, thanks for posting the pics, Mjolnir.

Don't know why, but when I saw that Spyder Fantucci, I thought of Speed Racer...

Any indication of the model years for the first two pics? Since the Spyder won Le Mans in '61, I assume it's about that time, but what about the 330GT?

The Enzo looks wicked! Any photos of the engine? Thanks.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to mjolnir --

Absolutely beautiful Ferrari photographs !

:twothumbs:wow::goodjob::kewlpics::thanks:

Thank you for sharing them with us.

Oh, by the way . . . .

and almost totally off-topic . . . .

but, since you are in (or near) Hartford, CT ,

ask any "old-time resident" of the city

to tell you about the "Circus Fire".

This tragic event occurred 65 years ago today.

I read about it, in a very interesting book by Stewart O'nan, 8 years ago.

If you happen to be a "student of History", as i am,

you may already be aware of this disaster.

Sorry for my off-topic thread hijack . . . .

:candle:

_

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 330 GT is from 1967. It says on the card, but the photo I posted isn't high enough resolution to see.

There weren't as many new ferraris (no 599 either); the newest were probably the 430's.
However, there was a California, but for some reason I only got a picture of its back:
ferraricaliforniaz.jpg

There was also an alfa romeo 8c Competizione for sale (moderators, I hope this isn't considered advertising, since these cars are technically for sale...).
Only a front picture of this one:
alfaromeoz.jpg

The engine cover of the enzo was down, so I had to shoot through it to get engine pictures. The polarizing filter helped a little, but it also made it look sort of strange (like a diffraction grating):
enzoengine.jpg

Here is a closer picture of the enzo from last year, but it was taken with a decent P&S camera, not a DSLR, and there was no polarizing filter:
enzoengine208.jpg

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome. Thanks for the extra 360 pics.
The 360 still has my vote as most beautiful car ever :thumbsup:
Me, too!
I don't even normally like that color on a car, normally don't drool over cars at all, but the blue one....oh, the blue one:faint:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is another bad parking job:
360convertible.jpg

Now here is the back without the polarizing filter:
360convertibleback1.jpg

Now with the filter on:
360convertibleback2.jpg

Here is some brand identification on the back of a 360:
360label.jpg

Since this is a forums about lights:
enzotaillight.jpg

Each of the 4 Enzo taillights are worth $230. I believe there are some available on ebay if anyone wants some!

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Worth and cost are TWO WAY different things.
Well if they are being sold at $230 each, then that would mean that that is their monetary value. Are you referring to sentimental or collectors value?

They are also the same lights that the F430 uses, so they are not really "rare."

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mjolnir, thank you for the info on the older model, plus the engine photos of the Enzo. Also enjoyed the added pics of other models, including the Alfa.

Thanks also for posting the polarized and non-polarized photos. Wow, really makes a big difference. (I've been thinking about getting a polarizing filter--your pics have just convinced me!)