Ledwave X-11 & X-22

N162E

Enlightened
First of all I am not an attorney so I am not going to even try to address the copy issues.

When Catdaddy first wrote that he was thinking of importing these lights I thought they might have an application as a large ticket sales incentive for a commercial website I operate.

I e-mailed Ombu Sunday, heard back form them Tuesday, requested samples and received them yesterday. While most people would have been you guys would NOT have been happy with these lights.

One light had fair color while the other one was pretty close to puke green. They are optic only, no lens. Push button switch operation is marginal, unless you push hard it will flicker. Lack of adequate tail cap threading (2 1/2 Turns) from start to full on results in wobbly cap when switched off. O-ring capture is not very good also. I don't know what the finish is, black and glossy like SF or Mag, first class appearance.

These are approval samples. when they contact me I will offer to return them. If anybody would like to have them, please don't ask, I don't want to have anything to do with distribution of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Fred,
I contacted Ombu to ask them about your samples. I know they had a problem with LEDs recently and had to return 1800= for green tint problems. Maybe you got one of the bad one. My x_11 is definitely whiter and brighter than ANY Arc or Surefire LED I own. That is the only reason I fell in love with these lights

I just counted turns on my samples and it is a full 3 turns on one and 2.75 on the other. I am not sure why this is a selling point. But if it is...

For comparative consideration:
- Surefire A2 (newest version) 2.75 turns
- Arc LSx-P 3.5 turns on 2 and 4 on one other.

I don't know about your o-rings. I tried mine in the bathroom sink and both are watter tight even wehn using the push button!

Let me know who sent you the samples. They could be old prototypes. Who knows?

BGF

Newly Enlightened
I have seen the x-11. It is a well-made, nice looking light.
The beam is whiter and brighter than my LS-P and is very close to my E1/KL1. The black gloss finish is just on another level.
I'll never stop buying the LS but I'll definitely have a couple of these.
BGF