• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Custom Ostar Mag *Stealth* Beamshots, 175 shipped!!

spc

Enlightened
SOLD

I call it the Stealth because its all smooth, black and with a tailcap switch. Looks stealthy imo..

Custom QY Ostar (shaved down)
Maxflex4
Custom sink
Custom tri-bored and threaded smooth maglite
UCL lens
Custom cut aluminum MOP reflector
FM 3x17670 holder included (17670 cells not included)
Custom made tailcap clickie switch (made with serviceable mag parts)

*This is a single mode light. The maxflex is set on high and potted into the heatsink (bulletproof!) You can take the light apart and change modes because I left the sw wires out (see pic). I shaved the ostar down so the reflector wouldnt have to be reamed so much. It helps in making the beam tighter. The beam is very nice/ smooth. I enjoyed making this light, but now I want to make another but brighter!

I would like $200 shipped and insured (conus) will ship internationally, PM me for details

Now 175 Shipped! I need the $ more than I need to hang on to this light!

First written "ill take it" gets it!

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Custom Ostar Mag *Stealth

These LED builds are great, here are the numbers on some that were tested by MrGman. These are peak turn-on readings. There was another one tested that did 680ish out the front it was Alan B's Mac Custom Osram build running 3 AW C li-on cells. Surprisingly these 6 die emitters thus far (only the ones tested) are making less out the front than P7 Mag's.

Have you tried NiMH cells? in Mag P7 builds they net about 100 more out the front lumens then the Li-on counterparts.

Osram O-Star_______Arcmania Super_F-V,___4 AW RCR123,___639.1__1 sec

Last edited:

spc

Enlightened

Thanks bigchelis!
Sounds about right, not the brightest emitter- though the ostar is more exotic IMO :cool:
Haven't tried it with nimh cells, you would need a bunch (you couldnt fit enough in this light anyway)

I'll get some beamshots tonight

spc

Enlightened

heres from about 35' away on brown/yellow

these are about 20' away on green walls

heres a shot from 5 or 6' away to show the smooth beam

spc

Enlightened
Re: FS: Custom Ostar Mag *Stealth* Beamshots, (Price Drop)

Price drop :twothumbs

spc

Enlightened

Bump with price drop 210 shipped

Last edited:

OceanView

Enlightened

spc, very nice looking build. I like that smooth look, and you're right, very stealthy.

Could you clear up something that I've been wondering about. Two things, actually. First, so with the tail switch, it is not possible to change any settings on-the-fly, correct? Like ramping up and down in brightness with quick presses?

The other question is--you mentioned that you left those wires to the Maxflex exposed, but I have no idea what it would take for the user to actually make any changes. Could you explain that? What needs to be done to make a change to any of the Maxflex settings? I'm just a user, not a modder, so to me "Take the light apart" could be anything from simple, to a messy kind of procedure that requires a soldering iron and more thermal paste.

Sorry for all the questions, but I don't recall ever seeing a set up quite like this for sale before. Thanks. Good luck with the sale.

spc

Enlightened

Thanks!
You are right on the tail switch. Its just a basic clickie- power on, power off. The maxflex remembers the settings I have it at and acts like a single mode driver.

About the switch wires= They are not just flappin around inside, I trimmed them and tucked them nicely and added a spacer that connects power to the pos of the battery in case your wondering. In order to change the settings on the maxflex you would have to tare down the light, give the engine power and touch the two wires together like a switch to change modes. I would recomend just keep it at the highest setting (what I have it at).

To take the light apart you would pop the snap ring out of the top and everything will slide out.

spc, very nice looking build. I like that smooth look, and you're right, very stealthy.

Could you clear up something that I've been wondering about. Two things, actually. First, so with the tail switch, it is not possible to change any settings on-the-fly, correct? Like ramping up and down in brightness with quick presses?

The other question is--you mentioned that you left those wires to the Maxflex exposed, but I have no idea what it would take for the user to actually make any changes. Could you explain that? What needs to be done to make a change to any of the Maxflex settings? I'm just a user, not a modder, so to me "Take the light apart" could be anything from simple, to a messy kind of procedure that requires a soldering iron and more thermal paste.

Sorry for all the questions, but I don't recall ever seeing a set up quite like this for sale before. Thanks. Good luck with the sale.

OceanView

Enlightened

Thanks for the explanation, spc. Good luck with your sale.

spc

Enlightened

Heres a pic of the snap-ring holding it together

Last edited:

spc

Enlightened
Re: FS: Custom Ostar Mag *Stealth* Beamshots, 210 shipped

200 shipped!

Last edited:

spc

Enlightened
Re: FS: Custom Ostar Mag *Stealth* Beamshots, 200 shipped

bump for price drop!
200 shipped

Hammer Train

Banned

Is this compatible with a KD aspheric lens?

spc

Enlightened

I don't see why it wouldn't, I had the tube threaded to exact oem maglite specs and the only mods to head are a UCL glass and a mop aluminum reflector. I don't have one to check so I cant be certain.

spc

Enlightened
Re: FS: Custom Ostar Mag *Stealth* Beamshots, 175 shipped!!

I will now let it go for 175$ shipped