just got my quark 123 tactical & jetbeam jet-1 v3.0 updated with beamshots

clipboard

Newly Enlightened
Wow I really like this light .It's brighter than my ndi q5 and close to my p3d q5..I have the clipped version so it will be my new edc for now...I have to get use to the programmable mode but I lke the tint of the r2 bin as well....

hatman

Enlightened
Re: just got my quark 123 tactical

Wow I really like this light .It's brighter than my ndi q5 and close to my p3d q5..I have the clipped version so it will be my new edc for now...I have to get use to the programmable mode but I lke the tint of the r2 bin as well....

Congratulations. Are you in Atlanta?

These are only going to the shipper today.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm, cool. Maybe a few lucky folks will get theirs today. How do you find the programing. Difficult? A pain? Or nice?

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

How does the programming work?

I couldn't find much about it, except that you have 2 modes which are freely programmable. I chose the tactical for a 123 an d 123-2 neutral white without knowing exactly, because I bet it's easier than Liteflux or Ra! :poke:

clipboard

Newly Enlightened

Yes I live in Atlanta. They said I was the first to get the tactical version. I just picked it up hours ago.I now believe it's brighter with the rcr123's than my p3d q5 and it's not to bad to program . The clip gets in the way a little but it's fine...

recDNA

Flashaholic

Yes I live in Atlanta. They said I was the first to get the tactical version. I just picked it up hours ago.I now believe it's brighter with the rcr123's than my p3d q5 and it's not to bad to program . The clip gets in the way a little but it's fine...

When inventory is sufficient I intend to order one for my wife's car. I'll program it on medium (I'll need t check it out but I think medium will be adequate for her needs and will prolong battery time) for primary and strobe for secondary mode. Once programmed it will make it very simple for her to remember how to use it in emergencies. Maybe by then there'll be a GITD clicky!

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast

Every respectable EDC needs a GITD switch cover.
But if they are stowed in a glovebox or other dark locations, they'll never get enough light to even give off a faint glow.

I have yet to find a GITD switch cover that was of much use.

A slot for tritium on the other hand... :D

Xak

Enlightened

But if they are stowed in a glovebox or other dark locations, they'll never get enough light to even give off a faint glow.

I have yet to find a GITD switch cover that was of much use.

A slot for tritium on the other hand... :D

So if you carry a spare tire and you don't get a flat was having a spare much use? Not very logical.

Having a GITD tailcap is great to have when the light is on the nightstand. It's not bright enough to keep you awake, but you can grab the light without turning a light on, or knocking stuff off the table and waking anyone else up. It doesn't get in the way if you don't use it. It's a win-win option.

Tritium is expensive and can fall out.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wait, its not as bright as the P3D? I actually thought it would be brighter.

P3D-Q5 uses 2 x CR123A while this Quarks only has one of them. If it was brighter than the Fenix, I would buy all the Quarks to replace my Fenixes, actually I ordered 2 neutral white tactical ones... :huh:

As for the tactical UI, I just saw that there's a demonstration video on 4sevens, looks good, not complicated but quite impossible to activate unwillingly as well (if the firmware has no bugs like my SR3...).

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast

Having a GITD tailcap is great to have when the light is on the nightstand. It's not bright enough to keep you awake, but you can grab the light without turning a light on, or knocking stuff off the table and waking anyone else up. It doesn't get in the way if you don't use it. It's a win-win option.
You must have better ones that I do.

The ones on my lights are good for 15-20 minutes tops before they lose their glow.

Xak

Enlightened

You must have better ones that I do.

The ones on my lights are good for 15-20 minutes tops before they lose their glow.

Wow, just about all the GITD switches I have glow all night. Not bright, mind you, but enough to find it in the dark.

clipboard

Newly Enlightened

I took both lights out last night and I think the quark 123 is just a little brighter than my P3d q5. It throws futher than my p3d but not as far as my tk11.It's still an amazing light for it's size and a love the tint of the r2 emitter.

strinq

Enlightened

Wow, just about all the GITD switches I have glow all night. Not bright, mind you, but enough to find it in the dark.

The switch caps that i own and most of my other GITD materials fade after about 10-20 minutes to a level where the glow is no longer visible.
is there a particular GITD switch caps that u guys have thats particularly long lasting?

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not quite a win-win. Shine/reflection is a target indicator. It probably doesn't matter for most people, but for a so-called "tactical" flashlight, IMO it is a consideration. I personally would not put any GITD decorations on my tactical lights. In force on force, we could track some practitioners because their bright tritium night sights cast a glow on their torsos when they held their handguns in retention.

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic

I took both lights out last night and I think the quark 123 is just a little brighter than my P3d q5. It throws futher than my p3d but not as far as my tk11.It's still an amazing light for it's size and a love the tint of the r2 emitter.

With my usual ceiling bounce the P3D is 12% brighter that the Quark 123.

I have done some beamshot comparison with the Quark here http://www.lygte-info.dk/review/Beamshoot 4Sevens Quark comparison UK.htmland here, but neither of them includes the P3D.

recDNA

Flashaholic

With my usual ceiling bounce the P3D is 12% brighter that the Quark 123.

I have done some beamshot comparison with the Quark here and here, but neither of them includes the P3D.

Did you try the 123-2? It's a little brighter right?

Could you include the P3D? Since it is rated at 215 lumens and the Quark 170 or 190 doesn't that indicate that Quark's method of measuring lumenosity is no more "conservative" than Fenix's?

Why would I chose to purchase the Quark 123-2 instead of the PD30 under those circumstances (not rhetorical - I'm sure folks have their reasons)

Last edited: