Official release date of the Surefire A2L...

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballdad

Enlightened
OpticsPlanet has them on their website, not sure if it's in stock. I was able to add it to the shopping cart though.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad SF did away with the yellow green LEDS.

Darn, that was what I was planning to get. I have those on a Kroma Milspec and they seem to give me good visual acuity at low light levels unlike the red ones...

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
If only they would email me back with the AZ2 release date.

The A2L has no room in my current budget :(

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it me or does A2L looks like it has a similar body and tail as LX2? If it is so, maybe that's why they could release A2L and LX2 close to each other? :thinking:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Is it me or does A2L looks like it has a similar body and tail as LX2? If it is so, maybe that's why they could release A2L and LX2 close to each other? :thinking:
I'm not sure that is sufficient reason although it undoubtedly results in efficiency savings only having to make one body and one TailCap.
The main reason I'd say the LX2 and A2L are being scheduled for release 'now' is because they are key models that really add strength to SureFire's range.

Al

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light will be especially fantastic if they use good snow white or neutral white LEDs. I liked the design of the original A2 but was not a fan of the angry blue-white LEDs.

jonesy

Enlightened
Anyone hear a rumor if the output on high will be bumped up, like they did with the LX2? If so, sign me up.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still deciding between LX2 and A2L.... :duh2:
Not to mention LX1 is a must for me :crazy:
And.... UB3...and and and... :faint:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light will be especially fantastic if they use good snow white or neutral white LEDs. I liked the design of the original A2 but was not a fan of the angry blue-white LEDs.

I'm also hoping the angry blue LEDs do NOT return!

-Mayo

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who knows...maybe Koala will finish the Onion ring project for the A2 and later offer a version for the A2L including high CRI and yellow-green options.

But I guess I am ahead of myself - the light isn't even available yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.