Novatac 120T - Dead on Arrival

Sweeperdk

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, new to this forum

I just recieved a Novatac 120T and a Ra Clicky (140CE) that I purchased from an online shop in the UK (I live in Denmark).

Unfortunately, my Novatac is being a bit of a nuisance.

Long story short, it simply will not light up. I have changed batteries, tightened everything, changed batteries again and so on...

Nothing. Nada. Diddly-squat.

Have I just been unlucky and recieved a dud? Am I unfortunate and now have a DoA Novatac?

Any tips on anything that could bring this little devil to life, would be much appreciated.

(Or else I will have to return it and wait, since the shop is out of stock at the moment :mecry: )

thermal guy

Flashaholic
When you swaped out batteries did you wait for a bit before you put a new one in? Sometimes that is needed.When you screw it all together nice and tight look at the light.Does it flicker on at all?

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
When I got my NT 120P, it had a similar problem. I just stretched out the spring a little, maybe not stretch the spring but to un-twist it a little. Just make small moves, and try again if you have to. Hope it works.

Sweeperdk

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your input guys.

I am at work at the moment, but will try your suggestions once I get home.

I have tried leaving the light disassembled without a battery in it for some time, assembling it again with no luck.

There is no flickering or anything, it simply emits nothing.

Will give it a go with adjusting the spring a bit, it may work. Actually now that I think of it, I am unsure if the spring is close enough to the switch, i.e. it may not connect to it. Am not sure if it should be in contact with the switch, but will give it a shot later.

Sweeperdk

Newly Enlightened
Right then... tried moving the spring at the switch about a bit. That didn't help any.

Here's a shot of the LED of the Novatac and the Ra Clicky. To me it seems that there's quite a difference in the appearance of the two. Is this normal?

lights.jpg

mbassoc2003

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like it's DOA. I'd return it to the dealer and ask for a replacement. The Novatac is a great little light.