• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WANTED: Someone to mod SF L1

Flashlike

Enlightened
I've got an older model Surefire L1 (must be one of the first ones made-Serial No. A00039). I love the form factor of this flashlight but I would like to have the emitter replaced with a Seoul P4. I would like to keep the stock optic.
I've got the bezel off already, although regretfully the anodizing got scratched in a couple of places in the process.
I'm very particular and was really kicking myself over the scratches on the bezel. There is also a tiny chip in the polycarbonate lens on the outer edge resulting from the pressure that I put on during the bezel removal. That is barely noticeable.

Anyway, I've got a some questions.

1. Is there any anodizing service that could re-anodize the bezel? If so it would probably be cost prohibitive and not a perfect match.

2. Is there a replacement UCL lens available for this flashlight? The polycarbonate lens that is in there is quite thick (I'm guessing around 1/8"). I didn't measure the exact diameter, but it is approximately 22mm.

3. Would the best Seoul P4 bin be a U2SWOH or is there a superior emitter currently available?

4. Would anyone be willing to perform this emitter swap (for a fee, or course)? I would like to have someone who is very experienced or who has done several emitter swaps on L1s to do this.

I hope that I posted this in the right forum section.

Thanks!

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
contact Scott , cpf member Milkyspit.

He has performed MANY L1 mods and probably has a replacement bezel for you also.

You will probably get a quicker response if you email him.

dhshark

Newly Enlightened
A third for Milkyspit...Scott may be able to help you.

Dennis

Viper715

Enlightened
With the bezel off that's half your battle. I have had a modded E1L from Gunga and a L1 from mudman cj one last name to try is Teckno-Cowboy. They all do very fine work. I have also had a Milky light as well and his work is top knotch.

Flashlike

Enlightened
Thanks to all for your replies and suggestions.
Scot (AKA Milkyspit) modded a newer L1 for me about 1-1/2 years ago and you're right--he does superb (or perhaps I should say "perfect") work.
I was just thinking that he might be too busy or have too many bigger projects going, but I'll shoot him an email and find out.

BTW, should I edit the title of my thread (i.e. say "FOUND" or something like that) now?

Thanks again!

DM51

Flashaholic
should I edit the title of my thread (i.e. say "FOUND" or something like that) now?
Yes please, whenever you are satisfied with the responses. If for some reason Milkyspit can't do the job and you need to revive the thread, you can always change the title back and add a post.