UNIQ Variable Tail Cap and a Malkoff M30

Zerog024

Newly Enlightened
So I just got an malkoff m30f, put it in my solarforce L2 host with a trustfire 2400mAh 18650 and was playing with it. I decied to put the uniq tail cap on it to see if it works. I could go up and down in power levels fine, but when I clicked the light off it was barely lit and would not turn off fully. I took the head off, took the m30 out, put a meter to the positive post on the battery and hooked the negative to the wall of the flashlight. I got a 1mA reading. If I am thinking right the "moonlight mode" it is doing should run the light straight for about a 100 days?

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using a Gunmetal color Surefire 6P as a host (in order to get some degree of color matching between the light and the UNIQ tailcap).

I've had this exact problem with all of my drop-ins with the exception of the UNIQ drop-in. Only the UNIQ drop-in (as far as my half-dozen or so different drop-ins go) works properly and shuts fully OFF.

All of the others offer this very nice "glow mode" - makes it easy to find the light when one wakes up in the dark (just tryin' to be "glass half-full" here). Microsoft would call this a "feature" (an unintended one, that is!!). Smatta' with you? You don't like gettin' somethin' extra, like an unexpected "feature" for free? Seriously, I don't care for this "glow mode" either - not sure how long it would take to drain the cells.

As a result, I only use the UNIQ drop-in with the UNIQ tailcap. It's a very nice drop-in, IMO, and is sufficient for my purposes - however, YMMV.

Sorry I can't be more help to you.

Last edited: