please explain proper use of rcr123 in Fenix flashlights

Marfenix

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I have been trying to figure out about the use of rechargeable CR123 batteries in Fenix flashlights. The batteries I use are 3V 600MaH Li-Ion from Uniross. I use them in my P2D, P2DpremiumQ5,P3D and P1D Q5. Is there any risk using this battery? I have most of my lights more than 1 year and all of them are still working perfectly but I just want to be sure. I am rather safe than sorry. I am loving all of my Fenixes (hence my nickname) and I would like to keep them that way. Thanks in advance!

Marduke

Flashaholic
The P3D will work fine with them. The others may loose low modes until the cell voltage depresses

edit:
I read wrong, your cells will work fine in all your lights.

Last edited:

jahxman

Enlightened
As long as the nominal voltage is 3V and not 3.7V they should be fine; When they come off the charger they should be putting out no more than 3.2V.

Most RCR123 batteries are 3.7 volts nominal, and 4.2 volts at a full charge, and could damage devices meant to only handle up to 3.2 volts.

These Uniross batteries appear to be the type that only gets up to 3.2V (and you need the special charger that stops charging at 3.2)