Give me 5 reasons(excuses) to get another light(E2DL)

pulstar

Enlightened
Hello guys. I have Magcharger with tle-300mr, LedLenser P5 and Nitecore Extreme R2(for about 4 months now).

I found out that P5 lacks a bit of quality, so it became a shelf light. Magcharger sees alot of action, i like taking it into woods, it really outshines anything that my collegues have.
Extreme is my primary and EDC light, it is very well made, powerful and handy. But, i still don't have that familiar felling when holding it in my hand, like i had when i got my first maglite. Extreme is a great and excelent made light, but i just can't get personally attached to it :whistle:

So, like every flashaholic in this forum, i found out that I "really" need another light:devil: and E2DL is the one that couses wet dreams at night :whistle:. It's so well reviewed, has two modes, CLICKIE!(i don't like extreme's way of changing modes), great throw(more than extreme?) and exclusive warranty. It's a bit pricey, yes, and not exactly latest technology, but it has that ultra-quality appeal, unique american design and superb finish. So, give me reasons, to justify another purcase(because i already have a great everyday light-extreme)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reasons:

(1) You know you WANT it.

(2) You know you WANT it.

(3) You know you WANT it.

(4) You know you WANT it.

(5) You know you WANT it.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
In 2 weeks you could be dead, you just never know. Do you really want to leave this world without knowing the joy of an E2DL?!

Get your bit of happiness now.

pulstar

Enlightened
@Sgt.Led:

I asked for five (5) reasons...:devil::) Well, atleast someone tell me, how E2DL's throw compares to Extreme's?

zven

Enlightened
Well, I can't speak to the NEX's throw, as I've never handled one, but the E2DL has pretty good throw. Its throw may not equal many of the reflector lights in its size class, but its hotspot is a lot larger and, in my opinion, more useful than reflector hotspots tend to be. This is just wild speculation, but I'd guess that the E2DL would noticeably out-throw your NEX, and probably have a wider, more useful hotspot while doing it. However, I imagine the NEX's spill is much brighter than that of the E2DL. Then again, since the E2DL uses an optic, there's no abrupt end to the spill; after the hotspot, it seamlessly fades to nearly the full 180 degrees out of the flashlight's head. Anyway, the five reasons I'd give you are:

1. Unique beam pattern that you won't find from any other manufacturer
2. The light will last you a lifetime, and still function to spec long after it's rendered "obsolete" by future LEDs/technology/etc.
3. It's simple, easy to use, has everything you need, and nothing you don't
4. SF's knurling is second to none
5. If you ever get bored of it, you can always buy up parts here and there of other E-series lights, and come up with a more interesting "Lego" light

pulstar

Enlightened
Nice, i'm more oriented to big hotspots with not such intensive spill. Your eyes can't concentrate on wide visual range(like 150 degrees or so) so actually all that "massive spill" goes waste. To E2DL owners: How did you justify higher price of e2dl?

tango44

Enlightened
Check and compare, get your self a Fenix TK10
Nice thrower beam pattern, simple interfase, durable well built, no sharp edges to do pocket carry, decent runtimes in both modes and won´t cost you a fortune.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. You only have two lights right now (2 is 1, 1 is none) and two lights is not enough.
2. You don't have a Surefire.
3. You NEED it.
4. You WANT it.
5. It's a very nice light unlike the other 2 you have.
lovecpf

pulstar

Enlightened
Well, i just want to get something (e2dl), that's a bit of improvement over my nitecore extreme. With that i'm pointing to throw: e2dl throw noticeably further or there's not a big difference. I said before, i know that nitecore probably have stronger sidespill, but for me,that's not the most relevant characteristic. I found 220(rated) nitecore lumens more than enough, but they're just not arranged like i would want.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
The LX2 is putting out more lumens with the same TIR optic so you would get more throw than the E2DL. However you prefer a clicky don't you..............:thinking:

gsxrac

Enlightened
SGT is right. BUT Have you experienced the UI of an A2/LX2 yet? Still Surefire quality, Surefire HA, BRIGHTER than E2Dl, Better thrower than E2DL, you can access low just as easily as high, better clip (IMHO) and if you choose the right dealer can cost you just slightly more than an E2Dl.

But if your sold on the E2DL then hey, its a Surefire, Its HA-BK, Its got a decent UI, you want/need it, and its freakin bright!

So lets see I gave you 7 reasons to buy an LX2 but only 5 to buy an E2DL... :thinking:... :thumbsup:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, i just want to get something (e2dl), that's a bit of improvement over my nitecore extreme. With that i'm pointing to throw: e2dl throw noticeably further or there's not a big difference. I said before, i know that nitecore probably have stronger sidespill, but for me,that's not the most relevant characteristic. I found 220(rated) nitecore lumens more than enough, but they're just not arranged like i would want.

I compared my NEX (Q5) with E2DL. E2DL has a brighter hotspot than NEX at a guesstimate of about 30% - 50%. Tint is warmer but a tad dimmer spill than NEX.

pulstar

Enlightened
Jesus Christ guys!!! I've yust spent whole afternoon researching about lx2, and i made a conclusion that i really need to consider it twice about why NOT to get LX2 instead of e2dl. well, to hell with twisty, if ui is really good as you all said that won't bother me(i guess):). And one more thing: e2dl can be easily fueled with two 3.7 RCR (aw for example). Could i possibly fed lx2 with rechargeables to, or it is made only for primaries?

gsxrac

Enlightened
Haha well you can always be the test dummy? Theres been plenty of speculation but AFAIK nobody's stepped up to the plate and dropped RCRs into their LX2 yet.

You have a PM incomming.