Opinions on Brinkmann Light Combo?

TimEggers

Newly Enlightened
Hello friends although I've been away momentarily my use and love for my 3-D Mag Malkoff hasn't wained, what a great light. I love that light for outdoors on my large 2+ acre yard.

Anyways to get on point here I recently reached a milestone in my career and one of the "gifts" my employer has offered is a "Brinkmann Light Combo" which consists of:

Brinkmann Halogen/LED Rechargeable Spotlight

Brinkmann 3 LED Headlamp
Brinkmann Maxfire XL

Just curious what I might expect from these 3. Currently I have one excellent outdoors light, so thats covered. I would like a decent personal light for daily carry/use. I hope the Maxfire will suit that need and the headlight might be a good light when making repairs (especially in my basement when lighting is terrible).

Also curious what your thoughts are on Brinkmann in general. Thanks and I'll keep my fingers crossed until the combo arrives!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I can comment on the Maxfire LX. It's a great substitute for those who want a Surefire G2, but consider that light a bit too pricey. You used to be able to find the LX model at Target and Wal-Mart for $17.00 each. (Not anymore though).

Same output as a G2. Build-quality perhaps half a notch below the G2. But still an excellent bargain.

The threads in the tailcap tend to cross-thread rather badly. It'll feel like you'll be unscrewing the tailcap for hours, just to swap out the cells. Other than that, no issues. The forward-clickie switch itself is one of the best-designed I've ever used.

TimEggers

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. I figure the spotlight may make a good campfire light since we host family campfires in our yard. The Mag is good for this but I worry about that one getting scratched up on the pavement in the dark or getting kicked over. The headlight is like one a co-worker has, seems like it might be a good alternative when I'm using power tools and things that require two hands. The Maxfire (from my research) seems like a great daily use light and at this price one that I'm not going to have to baby like I do my Malkoff Mag...

Besides I like having a light handy in my espresso cart for seeing into my espresso machine if I need to make any adjustments ETC. My little 2-AA Mag is ok, but I think this Maxfire will be all the better. Its funny since getting my Malkoff dropin my expectations from lights has skyrocketed. I'm not longer content with the dim yellow lights I used to use. Hopefully the Maxfire will not disappoint.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
PM Juggernaut... I think he did a review on that halogen spotlight some time back.

I got to play around with a highly modded maxfire at a meet once. Its a nice light overall for not a lot of $$$. Obviously it lacks thermal cooling of a metal bodied light. But it can easily host a lower output LED module.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone "babying" a maglite before... Normally, the more scratched they are, the better! My Malkoff dropin is in a fairly old and "worn" maglite. The only thing you have to worry about is the lens, but they can be easily replaced. Also, at only about $15 for a new maglite, it isn't really a problem if something gets scratched (you can also buy every component online, like the switch and body tube).

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
The Brinkmann LED/Halogen spotlight is an awesome light, I love mine. It is very powerful for its compact size. I think you will be impressed by this spotlight.

TimEggers

Newly Enlightened
The light combo finally arrived and I have some ups and downs.

Downs:

MaxFire XL batteries must be low (the light is extremely dim). Have to get some new batteries and re-test.

Ups:

Spotlight is impressive. Feels good in the hand and throws as well as my Malkoff 3-D Mag but with more spill. Very short runtime compared but a great spotting light. LED mode is OK. Keeping the Malkoff but really like this spotlight though too. Oh and I love the rubberized bezel of the spotlight. I'll be grabbing the spot (over the Malkoff) when I need quick flash spotting (like letting the dog out, ETC) and using the Malkoff when I need power for longer periods of time. Again I love both lights, now my pricey Malkoff can sit up safe and I can use the spotlight for daily wear and tear flash spotting applications. Overall very happy with the spotlight and impressed, very impressed.

Headlamp is pretty handy, put it in my tool box.

Really can't wait to try out the MaxFire with new cells. I like the little MaxFire feels good in the hand and it seems very durable and rigid.