Brightest P60 dropin thrower that uses rechargeables

dave43

Newly Enlightened
What would it be? Also what would be a good place to pick up a RCR123 charger and a couple of rechargeables?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brightest you can get is a Malkoff MC-E cool P60 drop-in. Runs on 2 rechargeable cells or 3 primaries.

Malkoff M60 is the brightest drop-in in a single emitter type.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're referring to P60 style drop-ins, maybe this thread might help.

I have tried various drop-ins for best throw, seems the advice given in this thread has been proven right IMO. Latest Dereelight R2 with SMO, same output now for both 3SM and 1SM.

dave43

Newly Enlightened
If you're referring to P60 style drop-ins, maybe this thread might help.

I have tried various drop-ins for best throw, seems the advice given in this thread has been proven right IMO. Latest Dereelight R2 with SMO, same output now for both 3SM and 1SM.

I actually got this from dereelight. will it work with rechargeables? I also got a couple of DX bulbs...will they work also?

1SM-1(1-stage multipower, constant output 3.8~8.4V) XR-E Q5 module with OP

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually got this from dereelight. will it work with rechargeables? I also got a couple of DX bulbs...will they work also?

The DX bulbs work with rechargeables as long as you do not go over the advertised voltage ratings. 2 rechargeable cell are about 8.4v. So, your dereelight drop-in will work perfect with 2 rechargeable cells, but if you use 3 :poof:.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Solarforce pill from DX will work with the same reflector as the Dereelight. The SMO(polished) reflector will have more throw than the OP, the spill just won't be quite as bright, and there will be more pronounced rings around the hotspot. I have the SolarForce 5 mode, Dereelight 3SM 5A, and both reflectors. What I want is the single mode Q4-5B Dereelight dropin.
You can get the SMO reflector for $5 from Flashlightconnection.com, and shipping is cheap.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO: The dereelight smooth reflector lights will create an ugly beam. I swithed back to orange peel.

If you want more throw why not get a bigger bezel from lumensfactory.com, they will allow a 6P type hosts to accept a 36mm bezel.

Get the 36mm bezel, then have Nailbender build you a D36 drop-in with an R2 driven at 1A~1.2A. This will give you the most throw and under $75 dollars for all the parts and drop-in.

If you want the same size bezel then DX has 22mm~24mm aspheric lens that focus the R2 from Deerelight really well and you will double the trow, but loose all of the side spill. I had this for a while, but then found the IST Packhorse ASpheric light, which is now the king of small EDC type thrower.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO: The dereelight smooth reflector lights will create an ugly beam. I swithed back to orange peel.

If you want more throw why not get a bigger bezel from lumensfactory.com, they will allow a 6P type hosts to accept a 36mm bezel.

Get the 36mm bezel, then have Nailbender build you a D36 drop-in with an R2 driven at 1A~1.2A. This will give you the most throw and under $75 dollars for all the parts and drop-in.
I have nailbender's [email protected] dropin with 36mm reflector, and it doesn't throw well at all. Very floody beam.
And the Malkoff MC-E is pure flood.
And the M60 is nowhere near the brightest single die P60 dropin.
I doubt what the OP is looking for here is a nonstop stream of bad information.

dave43

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. Now where should I get a recharger and a couple of rechargeables?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have nailbender's [email protected] dropin with 36mm reflector, and it doesn't throw well at all. Very floody beam.
And the Malkoff MC-E is pure flood.
And the M60 is nowhere near the brightest single die P60 dropin.
I doubt what the OP is looking for here is a nonstop stream of bad information.

I had a R2, Diamond Dragon, and K2 from Nailbender P60 drop-in and all tested by MrGman and all runnning at 1.4A with IMR cells and UCL lens. Unfortunately; the single die M60 from Malkoff did nearly 100 more out the front lumens. Sorry, but thruth is thruth. I do have a 1D Mag by Nailbender and with a 1A driver I gained 10 lumens vs. the 1.4A driver. Additionally; with the 1.4A driver my lumens droped nearly 50% within 3 minutes, but with the 1A driver he later installed the lumens dropped about 5% after 3 minutes.

I agree the MC-E I recommended is no go for throw. Sorry..

The D36mm bezel I was hoping to purchase to get more throw. Thanks for the info, I will have to hold back on that purchase now. I wonder why there is no more added throw. I expected a larger reflector to throw more:hairpull:

The Dereelight R2 at 1.2A with smooth reflector is your only answer, but go the MrGmans sticky and in post #1 and #3 you will see that some of the dereelight drop-ins make 50 more lumens. I forget, but I think the multi-cell versions with single modes might give you the most out the front lumens.

My dereelight R2 at 1.2A driver for a single cell use did 25 less lumens than the multi-cell versions too.

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder why there is no more added throw. I expected a larger reflector to throw more:hairpull:
He uses OP D36 reflectors. Don't know if he has SMO for other emitter types, but the K2 won't focus with SMO. It doesn't throw better than the D26 OPs with Cree emitters, either. I bought that module expecting throw, myself.
I have a Dereelight MC-E pill on the way for it, since the Dereelight pill makes direct contact in my M3 with no spring needed.

If you still have the K2 drop-in, try it with the Dereelight D26 OP reflector;)

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new XPE pills throw well , and draw less current ...

They are combined with flashlights at DX ...

I think the new EagleTac's use XPE LED's , and an awful lot CPF'ers are drooling over the T100C2 :thumbsup:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
He uses OP D36 reflectors. Don't know if he has SMO for other emitter types, but the K2 won't focus with SMO. It doesn't throw better than the D26 OPs with Cree emitters, either. I bought that module expecting throw, myself.
I have a Dereelight MC-E pill on the way for it, since the Dereelight pill makes direct contact in my M3 with no spring needed.

If you still have the K2 drop-in, try it with the Dereelight D26 OP reflector;)

Mr. Nailbender send me all of them for testing purposes, but they are all back in his hands.:candle:

The K2 and Diamond Dragon P60 drop-ins have a supreme beam quality for wall hunting, but the throw is no where near that of a R2. He also sent me some extra smooth reflectors to try out and the K2 and Diamond dragon retain their pretty beam with smooth reflector:twothumbs

I am now waiting for the MODOO tripple R2 P60 drop-in with narrow refelctors. My guess is this will offer the ultimate throw in a P60 drop-in. I have a couple aspherics to test it against and in a week or two we shall find out if they are in fact the ultimate P60 throw king.:devil:

EDIT: The P60 king of throw is a Dereelight R2 at 1.2A with Aspheric fully focused, but DX purchases are a hit and miss even when you order a pack of 10. If I recall my recent purchases of like 15 aspheric 22mm and 24mm lens only 2 or so would focus.

Last edited:

Superdave

Enlightened
the R2 dropin that Lumens Factory sells throw amazingly well. As good if not better than a M60.

i posted a .gif in the P60 dropins thread. :)