Can the Novatac 120E and 120T models still be hacked/made programmable?

soulrider

Newly Enlightened
I came across this thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/213286&highlight=Novatac+models+hacked?

It is regarding making the Novatac 120E and 120T models programmable like the 120P model by a series of steps starting with 250 clicks of the switch. Does anyone know if this still works on current models of the Novatac 120E or 120T? The thread is somewhat dated so I wanted to know if anyone has purchased one of these lights (120E or 120T) recently and was able to make it programmable through the method described in the above mentioned thread. I wanted to make sure the UI hadn't been changed to prevent this since the thread was made. Thanks.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't heard of anyone NOT being able to do this. Later models around 30,000 + serial numbers had some physical changes in the spring IIRC but AFAIK they can still be programmed - might want to wait for some more replies though as I'm not 100% certain on this.

soulrider

Newly Enlightened
I have 30k series 120E and it can be programmed. :twothumbs

This is good to hear. If you don't mind my asking, how long ago did you purchase it. I understand serial numbers in the 30K range to be more recent but how recent? Thanks.