Malkoff Hosts

trapperjay

Newly Enlightened
Are there any hosts for the m60's that will allow for more than the two ouput modes?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
As far as know two is all you can get.Well now that i think of it there is a tail cap that has a system for dimming your light down several levels.Not sure who make them but they were on lighthounds site

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
Jay,
The modes of a flashlight are typically governed by the module/pill and have little to do with the host. There's a variable brightness tail cap made/sold by Optics HQ but I'm not sure how it works with a Malkoff. If memory serves me correct, I believe it has a fairly high parasitic drain and that immediately put me off even considering it.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have posted this several times before. The Uniq Continuously Variable Tailcap works well with the Malkoff M60 series units from 5 to 9V range. So you can have any power level you want. Parasitic drain was under 1 mA but you can turn it a little bit and shut it off completely so that becomes a moot point. If you are into strobe you can get one of the aftermarket tail caps that do full power or strobe mode and the Malkoff's will work well with that. But if you just want to adjust the power level down then the CVTC is what you want.

I just happen to have one :D and the matching "detonator" extension piece that fits both surefires and solarforce hosts to add 1 cell, make a nice cigar grip and be continuously variable as well if I so choose. The 2 pieces are not an exact color match but they do go well together.