What the oldest Surefire you have?

pahl

Enlightened
It seems as if most of the post are about the latest and greatest flashlights.

What about that flashlight you have had forever and it's still works as good as it did when it was new?

I'm interested in hearing about your oldest Surefire light.

Do Surefire lights hold up over time?

6pOriginal

Enlightened
I have an old style 6p (currently still the only surefire product that I own), bought it in 97 or 98. I keep it in my car for emergency, and thinking about upgrading it to a 9p.

Besides dropping and breaking the bulb 3 days after I bought it (doh!), I never had any problem and very happy with it (except the batteries were expensive).

Raindrop

Enlightened
I still have my original 6Ps as well purchased in the mid 90's, not sure exactly when, but the "retail" price I paid at the time was $29. This came in the old hard plastic with hinged clear lid and the foam tray for the light and batteries. Still have them both kicking around.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I bought a 6R many years ago- don't remember. Batt crapped in a couple weeks- removed extender and instant 6P. Later got the extender to make it a 9P. Few years later got a 91 LA for it. I've never blown a bulb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Larry

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still hvae my orginal 6P from the early '90's.

I also have a 6C from way back, but I'm not the original owner...

--dan

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no idea how old my used SF's are which include: but I have 2 black 3P's, 2 black 6P's, and a black 9P all with the round non-hex heads. I also don't know how old my two 3" bell TH's, my SRTH or my 12PM head or body are.

I bought 3 @ new old-stock silver 9Ps on sale last year also.

Panzerfaust

Newly Enlightened
The oldest is the ONLY Surefire I have, an old 6P from the mid-nineties. It proved the Surefire concept to me (small and amazingly bright--never fails to impress people when they see how much light it puts out--a truly innovative product for its time)but as stated in the post above the cost of those 123s HURT after a while and for that reason it has been retired back to emergeancy-light/gun-light status.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
6P from the mid 90's. It has Laser Products on the tail-cap. I put my first P61 in two weeks ago.

fishface

Newly Enlightened
I have an old 6Z cant recall when I got it. laser products fountain valley ca sure.fire 6Z on tail cap. bought it
new at a gun show many years ago

GeoffChan

Enlightened
I've had my 6Z from about '94. Same message on the tailcap as well. Upgraded the tailcap to the Z40 when that came out and finally upgraded the bezel to a pyrex one.

Geoff

roguesw

Enlightened
6P from 97 or 98, tail cap says laser products fountain valey ca
bit tatttered and bruised but brought back to life again with a kl3

Des

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
you have a surefire produced for the swiss market /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif it should still be made in fountain valley if i'm not wrong though.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al: Would there be any specific advantages for Swiss dealers to have Laser Products Switzerland along with 6Z-CH printed on the lights?

[ QUOTE ]
V8TOYOTATRK said:
I have a 6Z that says Laser Products Switzerland on it. Was this an import? or do I have a Swiss Surefire?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I think the oldest light I currently have is either my 3P or 6P. I used to have a mid 90's 6P with a flat tailcap, but it found a new home a while back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

Dave_in_PA

Newly Enlightened
My oldest is my 6P from 1988 (I had not been sure until recently finding the old invoice) that originally came with the old smooth laser products tailcap. I upgraded to a more recent vintage LOTC and it STILL sees daily duty at work. Even with the original lamp...how about that?

I also have an old 6Z, but I bought it used, so I guess that doesn't count.

Dave

2dogs

Enlightened
I'm still running a 6P I bought in Feb or Mar of 1990. I converted it to a 6R for a while till the batt gave out. This light now has a SF clickie switch and a TID.

The second oldest is a 6C. This I bought direct from SF in 1990 or 1991 (I think). The 6C was my favorite light for years as it is completly waterproof. I used once as a diving light (to about 30').

The G2 is my current fave. "Warm" plastic so I can hold it in my mouth without gagging, cheap (Botach), lanyard near the end of the light.

Latest posts