Weaponlight Reccomendations From the UK

verticalflyer

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I wonder if you guys can help me out as you seem like a friendly and knowledgable bunch. I play airsoft in the UK (so not playing with real guns here) and need a tac light to fit a 20mm rail my criteria is:

Good throw / tight beam out to 40m more would be great
Be useful for personal defense aspect - blinding / distracting
Reasonably lightweight
Under $120

Can anyone help me out here please.

Thanks in advance

Ian Carr
London, UK

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Putting our differences aside (airsoft)

I would say to get a TK10 and put the flat piece on instead of the combat ring. You will know if you get it what I'm talking about.

Then head on over to LaRueTactical and get a universal weapon mount.

This give you excellent beam at 40m and lots of peripheral light.

harddrive

Enlightened
I'd suggest the Eagletac T100C2. Version 2 is about to be released and will be available in a kit with mount, tape switch etc. for $80. (will be available with free international shipping if you know where to shop). Leaves you spare cash to buy some 18650 batteries and a charger.

Info on the Eagletac site: http://eagletac.com/flashlights/t100c2.html

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome from another UK member,

hold on to your money tight, these guys will spned it for you in no time :D

[sorry I don't have a clue about the type of light you're after!]

enjoy

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
As an Airsoft palyer for the last decade, I have played with a few light options. The cheapest route would be a simple SF G2 with a Malkoff M60. And a simple weaver mount 1" scope ring to mount the light to a tactical rail. Depending on your weapon and its furniture you might want to get a G&P or similar remote tail/tape switch.

I have a SF M952P Weaponlight on my P90.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2691718&postcount=398

In the picture I mounted my Turbo Kroma head. Normally it has a SF M2 bezel.

Watch this video I made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaT4IbPE6go

I use a Blackhawk gladius and the SF Weaponlight. The strobing light you see is the gladius and the bright light is the SF. If you read the info part of my video, it tells you that the BB shot out the lens of my SF light. Not to worry as SF replaced it for free.

What kind of game are you playing? Outdoors or indoor CQB?

There are different low light techniques when using a flashlight in a tactical situation. First lesson is "People shoot at the light" so you have to think carefully how you use the light. Watch my video, I onyl use the light to blind or disorient the opponent. but timing is crucial. You should unleash the bright light just before you open fire. There are other techniques, you should google "Surefire Low light techniques" very basic ideas but will give you an edge in airsoft.

For outdoor games flashlights are almost unecessary. ambient light from the moon or city lights is enough. plus you want to stay hidden in the dark. However if you are trying to identify a long threat, then you might want to consider getting a light with a lot of throw. I was playing a zombie game and my SF M6 with the MN21 500 lumen bulb made a HUGE impact on the game. the zombie opponents literally turned away from the bright light and I was able to illuminate large sections of open terrain to search for possible threats.

If you have any question pm me. here is an ASCII flashlight to get you started ===[[[<

Last edited: