SF Titan T1A owners please check this.

DimmerD

Enlightened
From the off position I turn mine on, I feel the detent from off to on but the light doesn't come on. I have to keep turning it about an eighth of an inch past the detent before it comes on. I can turn it back towards off till it stops at the detent and it is still on. It's like there is some play in the potentiometer now, I didn't notice this when I first got it. Anyone else notice this on theirs?

Also I can turn it up fairly high, then start to turn it lower and actually feel some play in the pot., it's like it has slipped a little. There is no output difference at all in this little "play" area.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine does exactly what you mention in your first sentence when turning the bezel around the detent.

There is on the contrary no trace of any play at medium/high level.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Wow... There's a bit of play in this light?

Considering the price, a bit disappointing to hear. Hopefully other T1A owners will weigh in with their experiences. I was seriously considering getting this light. Now I'm not so sure. :sigh:

Palestofwhite

Newly Enlightened
Mine does that as well. I figured it's got something to do with the twisting switch and dirt. If you remove the head and clean things up, it should be fixed.

DM51

Flashaholic
Mine does the same. It's not a fault - nothing is loose, and there's no "play". The action is very smooth.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine does it also- Not an issue at all. The more I use this light in complete darkness the more I like it. Low is phenomenal and completely adjustable from there. Smooth as butter! I just wish I could find something for a diffusor,ala Extreme III.

Monocrom: Get it- they'll be no regrets.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Monocrom: Get it- they'll be no regrets.

I have to admit, I'm in a much better position than most flashaholics who want a T1A. I know a B&M shop that has a handful in stock, and without a mark-up. I'll be sure to at least try out the light before making a final decision. :)

kwkarth

Enlightened
From the off position I turn mine on, I feel the detent from off to on but the light doesn't come on. I have to keep turning it about an eighth of an inch past the detent before it comes on. I can turn it back towards off till it stops at the detent and it is still on. It's like there is some play in the potentiometer now, I didn't notice this when I first got it. Anyone else notice this on theirs?

Also I can turn it up fairly high, then start to turn it lower and actually feel some play in the pot., it's like it has slipped a little. There is no output difference at all in this little "play" area.
Mine is the same way, and it's brand new, but I feel this is inconsequential. I don't feel any slack/free play.

Last edited: