Grrrr... pocket clip on my new LX2 snapped in two today...not happy....with pic...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grrrr....there is no reason for this. I sincerely hope this is just a fluke and not a design flaw. I babied this thing in the short week that I had it so there was no undue stress on the part of the clip that broke. I thought I clipped it to the inside of my pocket ( I had ) but I felt the light down in the bottom of my pocket looked down to pull it out and the clip was still on my pocket alright - sans light. Needless to say I was just a little PO'd....:scowl::scowl::scowl:

I will send Surefire the pic and a polite and professionally worded email ( seriously it will be polite ) and hopefully they'll send me a new clip and the instructions to replace it. This just really urks me. Ugh.

By kdog2009

Burgess

Flashaholic
(Sigh)

Hope this issue gets resolved to your satisfaction.

There is absolutely no excuse for such nonsense.

:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

:wtf:

_

Viper715

Enlightened
Back several years ago I was snagging my E1E clip when I was getting in and out of my car and it broke twice. Twice they sent me a new clip when I called them without andy question. The last time they sent me two. I called asking to buy a new clip and they said oh you broke it will get one right out to you whats your adress. And that was it within a week I had the clip at my door step. Idoubt much has changed and they should take care of you real quick.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I have searched around but have been unable to find a picture showing detail of the clip where it attaches to the light. Most of the angles are from the side to show off the two way design, but I would like to see this area on a new light from 'above', and a close up of the area would be best. :popcorn:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides photos of the clip from other angles, macro photos of the fracture surfaces would be of interest to me. You can learn a lot about the failure mode.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously, FORGET the "polite and professionally worded email", just call them up and you'll get a new clip. You've been here long enough to know no one at SF is going to read your email.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Really ? ? ?

What kinda' Customer Service is THAT ? ? ?

:shakehead

_

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
some might see it as them being a BIT too comfortable with the clip breaking.

Crenshaw

Palestofwhite

Newly Enlightened
As said, SF will Not reply to ANY of my emails, even those I sent months back.

I live in Singapore and due to our time difference and expensive international call rates, I can only give up on SF on their "No Questions asked (cause they never listened.) Life-time Warranty.

Even 4Sevesn or Zebralight can reply to my emails promptly. I don't see why they can't do that given that they are "Bigger" and I paid for about 4 times the price their lights. No excuses for them at all. Seriously.

SF if you're listening, you might as well remove your E-mail links from your site since you won't be using them anyway.

Alright, I've cooled down... lovecpf

a99raptors

Enlightened
Sorry to hear about the clip, but I am quite happy with Surefire's guarantee so far. Even the local dealer here is very helpful. Sometimes it just entails a bit of inconvenience. But it sounds like the clip was too fragile.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Oh Hell no! The clip broke?! :eek:

The only issue I ever had with Surefire's old long clips was that their hold on a pants pocket seam would loosen, just a tiny bit over time. The new long clip design seems as though Surefire made it as thick as the clip on their shorter E1B.

Can't do that. Makes the clip more fragile. They need to make it thicker, not just longer.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. It's extremely rare for me to carry a light without some sort of clip attached. Definite dealbreaker for me. Please keep us updated regarding Surefire's response.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sucks.... Hope it's a one-off affair, clips are important in order to secure the light to the gear and it's saying something if one has to keep going back to them for replacement.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same clip as on every E1B, never had this problem, and I guarantee I've abused mine.

It must have been a fluke. That piece of steel.

Probably better to call SureFire. You will get a new one, and this probably won't happen again.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Same clip as on every E1B, never had this problem, and I guarantee I've abused mine.

Clip on the E1B is shorter. If you lengthen the clip, it needs to be thicker too. Otherwise you compromise strength.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clip on the E1B is shorter. If you lengthen the clip, it needs to be thicker too. Otherwise you compromise strength.

So it really is that much longer? I didn't think it would have been that big of a difference but it does seem to be a logical cause.

Hopefully it's a dud. Would be terrible for this highly anticipated light to have a small but major problem.

Poor Kdog :)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can believe that its a fluke, but time will tell.... I'll give them a call tomorrow, but I will also send them the email just to cover all the bases....

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sudden fracture suggests to me a manufacturing or design flaw, esp since other SF clips seems to bend when overstressed (certainly that is a much more graceful, and ddesirable response), not break. Seeing an image of the two fracture surfaces would help.

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast

Too thin for the length ought to result in greater easy of bending, not complete, sudden fracture. I'm suspecting an additional problem besides maybe being too thin.

seale_navy

Enlightened
yeah..kinda weird for the clip to break. Well the only problem I see, is how are u going to push the clip out of the clip holder?

if ur afraid to scratch it, might as well send it back to surefire for them to fix the clip.

but I think they will send u a clip for free, so no worries on that.