Malkoff E-Series bezel P60 compatible with all drop-ins

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I just got a E-Series bezel from Gene Malkoff that is P60 compatible with Dereelight and DX R2's. My MD2 hosts is not, but the new E-series is.

Mods,
Please merge with already started thread, but this I feel is sooo important that people must know.

Makoff E-Series P60 compatible with all P60 drop-ins.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Not sure it needs merging. This is good important info, and should probably stand alone as a thread. Give more specifics re fitting with say the SF P60L, etc. Screw down without gap?

Bill

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just put my Dereelight P60 drop-in and DX R2 P60 drop-in and they go in with no gap at all.:eek:

Previously my MD2 would only fit the M60 variants, but not this E-Series bezel. I think it is due to the fact that it screws in from the top of the bezel.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Where did you find the lens to use in Gene's E-series bezel?

Unless there was a last minute change, his E-series bezel has no lens. You can use an M60 drop-in since it has a built-in, clear, cover over the drop-in. But all other drop-ins would be "exposed," for lack of a better word.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no lens for the Malkoff E-Series bezel, but I think a DX 23mm to 25mm would fit. My Solarforce factory lens almost fit, so now it is only a matter of purchasing several DX lens to see which one fits.

bigchelis

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess my question would be: can you use a lens with the Malkoff dropins(or reflectored dropins, for the interest of others), and can you establish some kind of seal with an o-ring?
Assuming some plain bezels are in the future, I'd trade a hit in output for protection for the optic.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
The way this is made it screws down very far with the glass in and does indeed establish a good seal.
If there a gap? No, but the bezel is 1mm higher because that's the glass thickness.
All that means is that the 2 grooves in the head are usally the same width but if you use the glass the top groove is just a little bit wider.

Do I think I need the lens while using a Malkoff? No but it was really cheap and I was curious. If I ever run a different drop-in then I'll certainly want the glass.
I might want a larger diameter glass though!

Last edited:

fatts

Newly Enlightened
The way this is made it screws down very far with the glass in and does indeed establish a good seal.
If there a gap? No, but the bezel is 1mm higher because that's the glass thickness.
All that means is that the 2 grooves in the head are usally the same width but if you use the glass the top groove is just a little bit wider.

Do I think I need the lens while using a Malkoff? No but it was really cheap and I was curious. If I ever run a different drop-in then I'll certainly want the glass.

Was the mini mag lens a tight/exact fit? Or was it loose? Trying to get a ballpark as to the diameter of the lens required. =)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Loose
You could do perhaps 2mm larger and be fine. Measuring a Malkoff would give you pretty much the exact diameter needed to fit the head and use any drop-in.

Last edited:

FlaCracker

Newly Enlightened
Not sure it needs merging. This is good important info, and should probably stand alone as a thread. Give more specifics re fitting with say the SF P60L, etc. Screw down without gap?

Bill

I just got mine along with an M60LL and couldn't be happier with it. BTW, I tried a P60L and it would not fit...wouldn't take much to make it though.

Jimmy

Latest posts