Questions about the T4 - Also any other good rechargeable choices?

boe

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I'm happy with the T4 - I buy them as promotional flashlights for my few big clients. I'm out of them again. I want something rechargable and bright. Any good choices that I should consider besides the T4?

The 2008 models I bought last time were 175 lumen I believe. The ones I bought before that were 100 lumen I believe. If there is an improved 2010 T4 Inova flashlight coming out I'd like to know. I realize many manufacturers skip a year or two between new models.
Is there a brighter/better 2010 Inova T4 model coming any time soon?

Thanks

Last edited:

boe

Newly Enlightened
I should have mentioned when I say rechargeable, I'd like something that comes with a cradle charger.

Thanks

boe

Newly Enlightened
One more question, should I be looking at something besides LED technology?

boe

Newly Enlightened
If the T4 has been good to you I would stick to it or if you just wanna try something new maybe a Streamlight Strion LED. Its smaller and has a rear momentary switch instead of a side switch like the T4.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=154

Thanks for the info. I think you are right I'd prefer the T4 over that. I just wish I knew if they had an upgraded model of the T4 coming out soon.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing that I've heard of. The current T4 has one of the latest leds, li-ion battery and excellent build quality. Until a new led comes available (next year?), I doubt Inova will be tampering with the current T4.

The T4's beam is wider than the Strion's. The Strion is a thrower, the T4 is more for medium range, IMHO.

boe

Newly Enlightened
Nothing that I've heard of. Until a new led comes available (next year?),

Thanks for the info! I may be reading too much into this but do you or someone keep track of what led's are coming out that will get used in the T4 or are you saying that it will require a new LED for the brightness to get better?

I usually buy a dozen or more at a time so I hate to buy more if there is a way to find out about new ones in advance.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Streamlight has cradle chargers.... Decent lights too. Here's one in my Tundra...the Stinger LED.
f_DSC1276m_be165d7.jpg

Another really good rechargeable light is the Sunlite brand. They don't have a cradle, but they do have a recharge port that you can simply unplug. They are your brightest and farthest throwing of these two brands.
f_DSC1275m_fbba02d.jpg

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would predict that the T4 won't see an upgrade for a good year or so. My .02. New leds wont be available until 2010, and it will take quite some time for them to get into production lights like Inovas.

About the brightness of the T4. This is a choice by Inova, to balance brightness vs runtime per charge. It is not a limitation. I actually feel that Inova made a good choice of drive level for an actual working tool like the T4. I think the beam is great when you are walking, as you eyes don't "follow the bouncing ball" tight small hotspot of many other lights.

AbleArcher

Newly Enlightened
You've never heard of it but we have lots of cows
I would predict that the T4 won't see an upgrade for a good year or so. My .02. New leds wont be available until 2010, and it will take quite some time for them to get into production lights like Inovas.

About the brightness of the T4. This is a choice by Inova, to balance brightness vs runtime per charge. It is not a limitation. I actually feel that Inova made a good choice of drive level for an actual working tool like the T4. I think the beam is great when you are walking, as you eyes don't "follow the bouncing ball" tight small hotspot of many other lights.

I agree. The T4 might not be the brightest or the furthest throwing light around but it does have a very useful beam, handy for everything from winter walks to repairs on the car. If you're set on a cradle-charger then it's hard to beat.

If Inova release a newer T4, I don't think it will be until mid next year at the earliest and even if one does come along, IMHO the current version is too good for it just to be rendered obsolete overnight.