How was the original Nitecore Defender Infinity NDI circuit changed?

MKLight

Enlightened
IIRC, the ramping changed. I have the original, so I'm not 100% sure, but there were reports here that once the the extreme high or low is reached, it will automatically go to the next obvious level...meaning, once high is reached, the ramping will then go down; and once low is reached, the ramping will then do up. I think this is the only change, not including emitter (Q5, R2, GoldenDragon) choices.

MKLight

Enlightened
Oops...Marduke is right. I was thinking you were asking about the D10/EX10, not the NDI. Marduke is right that they used similar circuitry as in the PD-style lights. Sorry for my original misinformation...

Thanks,
Mike

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think the latest NDI is using different circuit,i want one of the top 50 buyer when they introduce it back in October 2007 but i returned it because the circuit having problem when using protected li-ion where it will turn into slow strobe after briefly using it but with nimh is not an issue.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the introduction of the GD version of the NDI, Nitecore introduced the the same type of floating ring contact area as found in the EX10, D-10. I am not sure why Nitecore did that except perhaps to lessen the wear on the contacts that would occur with repetitive tightening and loosening of the head. I had purchased one only to return it because I found my particular sample would accidentally go into strobe mode much more easily than the original version, without the ring, did. (I did all the usual manipulations of cleaning the contact ring, and rotating it, and still had the problem.)