Lights that put their name on the map

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc AAA and the Arc LS. Unforunately, Arc does not have the same soul that they use to have.(IMO)
arc_aaa_flashlight.jpg

arcls002mediumlb5.jpg

Last edited:

AusKipper

Enlightened
What about Streamlight, Mag (what size Mag was the first anyways?), Jetbeam, Lumapower?

Are Lumapower on the map yet?

I thought for Fenix it would be the T1... but that was back before I knew anything about torches lol, so I could be completely wrong...

Patriot

Flashaholic
I think this thread question kind of depends on who's perspective we're talking about. If we're just saying, "on the map" with regards to our CPF community then I think it will be easier to classify. For example, most of the world doesn't know what a Lumapower is but with regards to cpfer's we'd probably say the D-Mini. .

Streamlight Stinger...?
Wolf-eyes Boxer
Microfire K2000R
AE Light PL24
Titanium Innovations N30
Zebralight H50
Olight T20
Dereelight DBS

fareast

Enlightened
I am not really knowledgeable about flashlights but I would think the 2 AA MagLite would be that quintessential flashlight.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
for mag i would assume its gotta be the 3D , everyone i know has at least 1 that size in their household

for Fenix well i came in 2007 so to me it was the cree revolution and LXD series which even 2 years later are probably still top sellers today over all there other lights

Lumapower use to be on the map with Dminis/mrv/transformer/hunter but have died down and are trying for the comeback....the Formula F1 was a beauty they need to add multi levels to that design

LightJaguar

Enlightened
I gotta disagree with this. The NDI was the first light from Nitecore, and while people certainly enjoyed it, Nitecore didn't really get onto the big light scene until the Smart PDs came out.

I'd certainly say with Nitecore it is the D10/EX10, not the NDI.

I disagree with this. I think that the NDI put Nitecore on the map. Their direct sales to the CPF community was very successful and others tried to copy it but were not as successful. I believe that I got mine for $40 dollars.
Also at the beginning the powers that be tried to clamp down on the excitement around Nitecore. Fortunately a good quality flashlight like democracy can not be subdued easily lovecpf

HKJ

Flashaholic
Nobody has yet mentioned LiteFlux, and the question is if it is LF3XT or LF5XT that put them on the map.
I believe that it was the LF3XT with the dual interface.

computernut

Enlightened
I think Inova was the first "fancy" flashlight that I bought besides Mag. I EDC'd an X1 for years until I replaced it with a Surefire. I had one of the original spotlight models and it was dropped on the ground multiple times and survived.

I think their X1 and X5 lights were some of the first LED flashlights that were commonly available while Mag was still pushing their Incans.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a SF fan. I think the M6 guardian is the champ of incans. Also PK's crazy prototype and short run lights are infamous. Like the porcupine lights.