• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Arc AAA Titanium ($75)

ibcj

Enlightened
I am selling an Arc AAA titanium light with GS led. Cosmetically it is very good condition. It has a few very minor surface scratches which should buff out easily, but has not been carried on a keychain so it hasn't seen any abuse or significant scratching.
It does have a flicker when the light is on. Perhaps someone can diagnose it easily - cleaner threads/contacts, drop of solder on the positive contact, etc... I don't know what the exact issue is and would rather sell it than send it back and forth to Arc. This light has the GS light engine, which was installed by Arc and has never been removed or attempted to be removed.

If someone bought a "kit" and has another light engine, this would make a great host at a very reasonable price. Peter from Arc, quoted someone $70 for just a titanium head (no electronics or body, or shipping) in this thread post.https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2977047&postcount=15

***Light is sold***My price is $75 shipped to the US.
Payment via Paypal.

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Arc AAA Titanium ($75)

Hi Chris,
Here is what Don has said about this potential problem.

"I recall with some early Arc AAA lights that the ground path through the aluminum could be problematic and there were some flickering issues encountered by some users. Peter has fine tuned the design and mechanical aspects of the AAA over a number of variations and I believe has mastered this issue. The Sapphire head is in keeping with the Arc AAA head in that it has a lip, aft of the PCB, which could be staked to insure a tight mechanical grip on the PCB as well as enhance the ground path from host to converter. HOWEVER, I have not staked any of these lights and don't believe it is necessary. Further, I have not potted the LE in place as the Arc AAA's are assembled.

I believe the virtue of Ti having its oxide film electrically conductive will in itself alleviate a ground path issue. To date with samples of the Sapphire in use as well as my experience from previous Ti AAA protos, the ground path has not been a problem.

On the wave of Sapphire's I will be launching, I have press fit the LE's into place and then added a silver solder blob to one of the epoxy fill holes in the PCB. The hole is a conductive via and the silver solder is solder bonded to the copper in the hole. I then staked this blob with an auto center punch which forces some of the silver against the inside bore of the PCB chamber in the head. Many of you could care less about what I am saying here and likely aren't trying to follow the "picture". No worries. The result, I believe, is a light engine that is semi permenantly installed in the head and one that will not have any ground path issues. Time will tell."

I don't think the Arc lights have this added solder blob. You may want to give it a try on yours.

ibcj

Enlightened
Hi Dwyane - Thanks for that info. I hadn't seen it earlier. Hopefully it is an easy fix for jojobos and he will have scored a great deal.

If you recall, you helped me out a few years ago with something, cause me and the soldering iron don't get along very well. :tinfoil:

Latest posts