Need help identifying Streamlight LED

Blueberry556

Newly Enlightened
I'm having trouble finding anything by searching the forum on this, so I'll just ask: I have a Streamlight Keymate with red LED, but it only came with two button-cell batteries backed by an extra-long looking spring and vinyl sleeve, but everywhere it's mentioned here says 4 cells with no mention of the longish spring and only one mention of a sleeve. What I'd like to know is what the output of the factory LED might be in this configuration and what options I might have for either LED or battery alternatives (since all the threads I found assume a 4-button cell setup).

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
have seen this light, but am not familiar with it - especially in your 2xLR44 configuration (or 2xLR41 - SL makes two small lights and I'm not sure which one you have even though you identified it as KeyMate and not NanoLight).

my only suggestions are to 1) try giving Greg over at BrightGuy.com a shout and see what he can tell you, and/or 2) go to www dot streamlight dot com, then CLICK the "CONTACT" link and when the next webpage loads you'll find a toll-free Cust. Srv. number to call and (though i didn't look for it), there's probably an email address that you can fire off an email to with your questions.

sorry i can't be of more assistance.