Best flashlight for 100 bucks???

ohwhyme

Newly Enlightened
Just started with getting into flashlights and have read up on a lot of stuff. I want to choose from the following flashlights. They are the jet iii military, eagletac t20c2, fenix tk11 r2 and the eagletac t10lc2. I can't find the t20c2 anywhere at the moment. What would you choose? The jet looks the best in my opinion but I'm not sure what would perform the best outdoors. Thanks.

yuk

Newly Enlightened
The T20C2 will be out very soon. I suggest to wait and see.

ohwhyme

Newly Enlightened
not sure how much longer i will be staying in the US. Which one would you get if the t20c2 wasn't available?

Toaster

Enlightened
I would pick the cheaper Eagletac T100C2 over the choices you listed solely on the fact that it is regulated on both CR123 and 18650. While a few samples of the lights you listed may have good regulation on 18650, it's not guaranteed. Reading the specs on the T20C2, it also appears not to be regulated on max running on 18650.

Take the money saved and buy some Eagletac 18650s and a Pila IBC charger while you're still in the US. The Pila IBC is the best consumer li-on charger available and there's no way to get one shipped outside the US without paying through the nose.

LightScene

Enlightened
The Jetbeam M is really nice in every way. I have the warm LED and I really like it. Out of the 20 or so flashlights I've owned this is the one I like the best.

I don't like Fenix black finish because it wears off and doesn't have any character.

oldpal

Enlightened
+1, even though I do not own one... but after reading CPF for so many years I really doubt you could ever go wrong with the Ra Clicky. There's just tooooooo many happy users of this light.

One day, I bet I'll get one myself!

Go for it, you won't be sorry. I have a Ra 120E and am waiting for the Ra 200s to be available at an affordable, for me, price.

Hugh

callmaster

Enlightened
This is an easy one. Without a doubt, the best flashlight under $100 is the Ra Every Day Carry Executive.

Hugh

Most definitely. I agree.

Go for it, you won't be sorry. I have a Ra 120E and am waiting for the Ra 200s to be available at an affordable, for me, price.

Hugh

I agree again. Wonder when it'll be available as a production model.

+1, even though I do not own one... but after reading CPF for so many years I really doubt you could ever go wrong with the Ra Clicky. There's just tooooooo many happy users of this light.

One day, I bet I'll get one myself!

Better sooner rather than later. An amazing light.

Quite a smart thing to say. I'd also say a Ra EDC Exec is the way to go! :twothumbs

I agree once again.

We can't be the only smart people here, can we? :D

Hugh

+1

ohwhyme

Newly Enlightened
I live in Denmark. I wish i could get all of them but yea its too bad there are no actual shops that have all of these lights. Walmart and ****s sporting goods doesn't have anything like these lights. I think I'm going skip the ra lights, i don't think it uses 18650 batteries? Also does the higher the lumens mean its brighter?

jcw122

Enlightened
Best, as in best at doing what? Throw? Spill? Lumens? Runtime?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
SF-6P drill-modded for an 18650.
DIY a drop in module to your liking.

Alternately...
SF-C2 (Used, CPF marketplace) with a 17670
DIY a drop in module to your liking.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, the RA Clicky would easily be my choice as well!!!

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are going to be using 18650s exclusively, then you should look at the T10L. It has a very nice beam pattern, and full regulation on 18650s. A surefire is probably not your best bet, since they have to be modified to take 18650s, and need a good LED dropin (like a malkoff) to have comparable output to much less expensive lights. Basically any surefire with a malkoff will be over 100 dollars (not counting boring).

You also might want to look at the Malkoff MD4 and a malkoff dropin of your choice, which should be under 100 dollars.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you expect of the light? If you must have 200lm+, then the Eagletac, Jetbeam etc will be best. If you are asking which is the best designed & engineered light available for under $100, then the Ra EDC has to be the right and proper answer.

James..