Need help brainstorming between lights please...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi,

I want to get a large flashlight and need help with pros and cons with the following:

1. Magcharger (where do I get the new 40k cp bulb?)

2. Pelican M9

3. SL US

Any other you can recommend would help. I want to put emphasis of beam tightness and throw. Thanks!

Albany Tom

Enlightened
From the info on brightguys, the Pelican charges 10 times faster than the other two. Slow chargers worry me...

Also, the Mags have, of course, the "bad guy hiding dark spot" feature.
smile.gif

bwcaw

Enlightened
I don't have any experience with the pelican, or the mag, but I do have an ultrastinger, and it is about the best recharcgeable that I have seen (except the EYEFRYER!). I would highly reccomend it!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by Aragorn:
Get the m6- you've heard of it have you not?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A Surefire M6? What the heck is that?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by Albany Tom:
From the info on brightguys, the Pelican charges 10 times faster than the other two. Slow chargers worry me...

Also, the Mags have, of course, the "bad guy hiding dark spot" feature.
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oddly enough I've come across some LEOs that claim they like the adjustable "dark spot" so they can have the light in a persons face with the dark spot across their eyes.
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Originally posted by Surefire M6:
Oddly enough I've come across some LEOs that claim they like the adjustable "dark spot" so they can have the light in a persons face with the dark spot across their eyes.
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know people that carry .45's without a round in the chamber, but that doesn't mean it's smart. (As your anti-smile's would indicate.)

Murphy's law would indicate that any light that focuses will always be set to the exact wrong focus, and that what's in the dark spot is exactly what you need to see. I'd much rather carry two lights that had known beams, rather than one that focused.

(Yep, I sometimes lock the ones that focus in place!)
cool.gif

However - if your light use doesn't involve dealing with things that go bump in the night, then maybe focus is a good thing.

Just my goofy opinion.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get a rapid charger for the US too.

I don't have any of the lights you mention so I can't help. I do have an US on the way though.
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I heard there is a piggy back rapid charger for Streamlight now. Interesting. Charge an extra battery. I don't like the drop in charger of the magcharger, you can't carry the light with you while it charges.

bwcaw

Enlightened
I don't think that the piggyback charger works with the US's battery. It is too long. I hope they come out with a piggyback charger for it soon though, it would be really handy!

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the LS based Pro Series bulbs from:

http://www.ledcorp.com/

plus click the link there to the LED Museum's review.

I was impressed enough to order one. Talk about luck: I called LEDCorp yesterday morning, and John told me that they found some White LSes for the 2 Cell, and he told me how to order one of those. They just got done sorting a new batch of Luxeon Stars that came in, and they have not assembled the bulbs, yet (10 days or so). I ordered one. The Pro Series is specifically designed for Mag-Lites.