I hereby declare I am no longer buying flashlights

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
the incandescant ones at least /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, With my recent SNII purchase, I finally have an LED light bright enough to blow away a lot of the incandescents out there. I have an US, E2e, and 6z w/p61 and the SNII kills them all. From now on its only LED and HID.
How many of you have stopped buying incandescants because LEDs can finally equal incandescents?

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well ever since i have started EDCing my LSH-P over my E2, i have had no urges to buy any other incandescant lights. I thought i wanted a new E2E-HA, but with all the experimentations with newer, brigher 1W emitters and the slow emergence of 5W mods, i have been carefully planning out my flashlight purchases.

I'm with you V8TOYOTARK, only LED and HID lights for this flashaholic from now on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Catman10

Enlightened
Isn't he SN2 a fair bit bigger than the incandescants? What happens if you need a light that is a little more pocketable? That's why I personally have not abandoned incandescants.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I hereby declare I am no longer buying flashli

I haven't bought a flashlight in months and my LSH-P has pretty much taken over all my lighting needs. I use a AAA turquoise around the apartment and keep a C2 in my messenger bag but that sees use less and less. The runtime, brightness, whiteness and versatility of the high dome 1W lux just does wonders. I am really looking forward to a good 5W but want a smaller package, maybe the 3x123 Streamlight 5W thats supposed to debut soon. Till then I am a happy camper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tomas

Banned

I can't say for sure, but right now I'll have to agree that I seriously doubt I'll ever buy another incandescent flashlight* - in fact I don't even have any incandescent's in light fixtures around the apartment ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tomsig03.gif

* Actually I might - as a conversion base for a decent LED ...

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast

You are right DavidW, The M6 is a awesome light for its size, but if I am going to go big Im going to go really big. ( x990 big ). I used it once while Kenshiro and Ted E. Bear were doing the Superlight shootout, I wasn't that impressed. But that could be because I just turned off the MEGARAY. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
V8TOYOTATRK said:
You are right DavidW, The M6 is a awesome light for its size, but if I am going to go big Im going to go really big. ( x990 big ).

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts EXACTLY. The M6 doesn't, and never did, do anything for me. I think it was mostly its price that turned me off, but even if I had the money to buy one, changing 6 batteries at a time (no mattery how cheap the batteries are getting) really doesn't seem efficient or cost effective for my purposes. From what i've heard, the Tigerlight is really close to the 250lu lamp for the M6, and 20 minutes for the 500lu HOLA is just rediculous. Although, i can see how it's compact size, light weight, and instant-on capability can mean life or death in a tactical situation. If i ever get get into a line of work that requires this type of light...then maybe i'll consider the M6.

Anyway, for that amount of money, i would rather save up a little more for an X990. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

I am not there yet. A Scorpion is $20-$25, a Badboy or Madmax is $40+ and the Scorpion blows it away for power and bulbs are only $5.00. Which LED can go toe to toe with a Tigerlight for cost, power, size and is rechargeable? I am leaning more and more to LED but for the time being I am still going to buy and use both. On the other hand the future is very bright for LED's (Pun intended)

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

I must say it has been a while since I've bought a new incandescent light but one of those TL's is tempting. When I saw the beam pics someone posted with the new lamps, I was impressed. Definitely as impressive (or possibly more) than the beam pics of a SN II and in a rechargable no less.

Surefire M6 is just right out for me. Price wise it is not an option. But if Tactical Warehouse runs another special on the Tiger Light I might have to cave in and buy one. Space Needles are fabulous but they eat 123's like I eat candy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pat

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel exactly the same way after purchasing my SNII. Realistically it is more then sufficent for my long range illumination needs which are rare. I will most certainly purchase the Surefire KL4 and likely the Arc LS4 but I have no longer been buying flashlights for the sake of ownership and have not bought an incandescent in a long time.

[ QUOTE ]
V8TOYOTATRK said:
the incandescant ones at least /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, With my recent SNII purchase, I finally have an LED light bright enough to blow away a lot of the incandescents out there. I have an US, E2e, and 6z w/p61 and the SNII kills them all. From now on its only LED and HID.
How many of you have stopped buying incandescants because LEDs can finally equal incandescents?

[/ QUOTE ]

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I just finished getting my 15-year-old daughter ready to leave for camp at 5AM tomorrow. A Pelican L1, Pelican M6 and extra batteries will accompany her. This will be her first outing with a couple of real torches. I can't wait for the review from all the other kids with their Mags and less. This is on topic because I wouldn't dare send her with my ARC LS and then hope she doesn't leave it sitting somewhere. I gave her a 80-100 (depending on who does the review) lumen light and if it's lost I won't be tempted to cut my wrist. Yes, there are LED's that can beat the P-M6 but at what cost? I was going to send the Scorpion but she was digging the lock-out tailcap on my E2E so I had to compromise. She is the walking Pelican ad next week for 300 kids and 40 adults. She tried to tell me she only needed the L1, ha! We know better, in fact I may send her with a Badboy as a back-up. If someone "outshines" her this year it will be my excuse to go HID shopping before next years camp unless we have a 500 lumen LED hit the market before then.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bet she'll have other kids clinging to her every time the sun goes down and the owls start up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I sure like the PM6, I was putting it up against my M3 last night and I have to say beamwise, it is a close call, just the slightest bit dimmer and a tighter spot when focused down tight. Sounds like two great choices for camp, Dave. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, incandescents are still the bang for the buck champion. You can get a $30 spot light at Target that blows away the any flashlight I have. Even the pair of PIAAs in front of my truck cannot touch those spot lights.

But either way this flashaholic has no intentions of buying another incandescent flashlight for himself. Scorpions still make great gifts though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this thread is any indication, incandescent flashlights may soon become collector's items...so they could be "valuable" in one way or another.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

I basically agree that LEDs are the way to go for numerous reasons ... BUT I received my M6 today and , hm, well, ... did I talk about LEDs? THis thing kills every other light I saw with the HOLA and is the most impressive thing I own.
Ok, it is not a reasonable light, but what the heck? We're flashaholics after all, and the M6 is the King*s Scepter right now.
bernhard