how reliable is USPS international shipping airmail ?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just order 10 lithium ion batteries online and ship by USPS international airmail. the site indicates that it takes 4-14dys.

Has anyone use USPS international air mail ?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Not sure what airmail actually means, but my PO offers

1st class international
Priority international
Express international
P and E are kind of air-slow and air-fast. Both have been very reliable for me.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Boxes almost exclusively. They usually show up where I'm sending them within a week. (except one that took 2 months to Brazil)

The biggest pro for USPS is the price. The price is usually half or less of Fed-ex or UPS. OTOH, Fedex got me a package from near Perth, Australia to Minnesota in under 2 days time, but it cost me almost $100

Global Express through USPS (Not Express Mail) is shipped via Fed-Ex.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I have received all kinds of packages, via all kinds of USPS airmail shipping methods. Some have come in with delays of over 3 months, but they have always arrived (knock on wood). But mostly they arrived within the specified time for the chosen shipping method. Most of the delays were caused at customs...

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just order 10 lithium ion batteries online and ship by USPS international airmail. the site indicates that it takes 4-14dys.

Has anyone use USPS international air mail ?
Everything I order from the US comes via USPS 1st class international air.

I get the product anywhere from 5 to 12 days after it ships.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i had packages from china, ukraine, uk, canada come with no problem, none got lost. so, if you are in us and expecting a package from overseas, you should be fine, in this direction usps is very reliable, going from us, that is where problems start, but i doubt it is usps's fault, postal services of other countries are less reliable, i've lost 2 packages i sent to europe.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had good luck shipping to 5 continents with USPS. I ship everything Priority.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here. I buy LEDs from china off ebay and DX. All get here in a week or two.