New TK11 R2 Mounted on Rock River Ar-15.

geerad

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,

I Thought I'd throw up a few picture links of my new Fenix TK11 R2 mounted on my Rock River ar-15. I ordered the remote pressure switch for the forward grip and used a standard 1" QD leupold scope ring that I had laying around and mounted it to right side of the quad rail. I have to say I was very impressed with the light's throw and intensity at a 100 yds at night. I shot over 100 rounds to see how the light would hold up, as expected it did with no issues as of yet. I like the light since it doesn't add too much weight to the front end. I bought the 18650 Li-Ion batteries and charger for this torch and am getting around 2.5 hrs on turbo mode (240 Lumens) and about 13 hrs on standard mode (64 lumens), before I see it start to fade a bit. I am new to the high intensity LED lights and I am glad I went with Fenix over Surefire personally. I think I'm already getting addicted to these high performance style of lights, as if guns were an inexpensive enough hobby, now I have another hobby to add to the list of toy vices. Please chime in with any comments/suggestions.

Thanks.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6628/1001588t.jpg
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3193/1001587v.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2843/1001584f.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8499/1001580s.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9710/1001575j.jpg

Last edited:

4D223

Newly Enlightened
Sweet light on a very nice AR. We arn't allowed those over here in AUSTRALIA now but we did have them up until "98 I think they were all "Confiscated". The Fenix seems like it does the job very well. By the way, welcome to CPF:wave:

geerad

Newly Enlightened
Thanks 4D, I think we are heading to the same conclusion here in the states, it seems like they are slowly eroding our rights away. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go away in my lifetime. Thank you for the welcome.

ARA

Enlightened
Sweet Mother of Satan, thats one mean setup. :devil:

AOBRICK

Newly Enlightened
I put the TA30 on mine I like the extra runtime the third CR123 provides.
After putting thousands of rounds through the Fenix setup holds up well, the pressure switch is one of the higest quality units I have ever owned.

akjunkie

Newly Enlightened
GEERAD,

I have the EXACT same FWD Pistol Grip on my Bushmaster M4.
I am also using the Fenix TK11 and Remote pressure switch.

Are U using Velcro Tape to "adhere" the Switch to the F/ PG?

Reason i ask, every time I pull the Switch off the F/ PG the Velcro tape peels off the Switch.

I tried cleaning the Switch with rubbing alcohol and tried different brands of Velcro tape to no avail.

Looks like the Switch is made out of a Soft Rubber material that is NOT ideal for Adhesives.

Any help of comment from U or AOBRICK would be appreicated.

Sardaukar

Enlightened
GEERAD,

Reason i ask, every time I pull the Switch off the F/ PG the Velcro tape peels off the Switch.

I tried cleaning the Switch with rubbing alcohol and tried different brands of Velcro tape to no avail.

Looks like the Switch is made out of a Soft Rubber material that is NOT ideal for Adhesives.

Try rubber tubing.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Will you be putting more rounds through it with the Fenix in place?

Must admit to being curious as to how the light will hold up with heavy firing.

Machine154

Newly Enlightened
Looking good! I haven't started to outfit my SR-556 yet, but it is nice to start looking at other people's setups.

cchurchi

Enlightened
I went with the trusty TLR-1. I mount it on what ever is closest when it gets dark.

dsc01917w.jpg

dirtech

Enlightened
I've been wanting to put a light on my ar 4ever. I thinks its time. Dang its expensive. I'm thinking a daniel defense free float rail, tango down vfg, larue offset flashlight mount, and a md2 with m60w. I may ditch the free float rail for an add on rail to my existing plastic hand guards. That would save me 200 bucks, some weight, and I realy don't see the need for free float 'cept it looks great. This thread has me thinking about finally doing it.

DigMe

Enlightened
I went with an Eagletac T100C2 MKII in a command arms mount on my Rock River upper/Stag lower. I don't need a pressure switch because I've found that I prefer to just activate it with a finger/knuckle due to it being mounted right in front of my forward grip. It's simple and reliable. I previously had a G2 with a tape switch.

I thought I had a picture but I can't seem to find it. Maybe later.

brad

rje58

Enlightened
That is a very nice setup!

What is the easiest and fastest way to differentiate between free people and captives? Free people possess effective weapons.

Thanks 4D, I think we are heading to the same conclusion here in the states, it seems like they are slowly eroding our rights away. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go away in my lifetime. Thank you for the welcome.

geerad

Newly Enlightened
GEERAD,

AKjunkie, I used some heavy grit sandpaper on the back of the rubber switch pad to rough it up a bit and used a harder variety of contact cement between the surfaces and it seems to hold up fine but can still be removed by prying it off if needed, I have only put about 750 rounds though since mounting the tk11 and everything has held up fine thus far and the storage compartment will hold 2 cr123 primaries but the 18650 is a bit too large in diameter to fit in the tube. hope this helps.