• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Ultrafire RL-2088 with Bridgelux mod (1980Lumen)

mash.m

Enlightened
SOLD: Ultrafire RL-2088 with Bridgelux mod (1980Lumen)

hi,

i wan to sell my ultrafire rl-2088 with the bridgelux mod. it is the one and only flashlight out with this mod - a prototype!

it is the highes available bin in cool white. 2200 lument at 2000mA, i drive the module with 1600mA, so there will be 1700 lumen.

the driver is a modified 5 mode (high,med,low, strobe and sos) that deliver 1600mA to the led module. in high mode the driver switches to the low mode after 5 minutes or so to protect the led and the driver itself. med and low mode run good. the low mode is bright enought to enlighten 15 meters outside without any problem. runtime at low mode about 2 hours!

the power sorce are three 18650. i used three pices from a notebook battery pack that have really 2600mA. in high mode the light needs 2500mA in low mode 1100mA.

i can modify the driver so it will deliver 2200mA on high, but i will do this at your own risk!

i will sell this beauty cause i wan to buy a mini chimera for my pocket.

here some pictures:

the reflector have one light scratch, but the flashlight was delivered so to me:

4swf-5m.jpg

4swf-5k.jpg

4swf-5l.jpg

dark grey metall wall at 20 meters:
4swf-63.jpg

end of the light 50 meters:
4swf-64.jpg

price for this hight tech toy 350$. shipping will be extra,
i also sell the 18650 for 10$ each. these are the best cells i ever had. they are new and have only two charges.

markus

Last edited:

mash.m

Enlightened
Re: FS: Ultrafire RL-2088 with Bridgelux mod (1700Lumen)

the optional cells are unprotectet, so please you must know what you do with these!!!

3 x 18650 battery holder is includet

thanks for looking, markus

NeSSuS-GTE

Newly Enlightened

Hi mash,

If this is a standard spec BXRA-C2000 25-die BridgeLux emitter, your light should be even more efficient than you say.

The data sheet indicates 2200 lumens at only 1750mA.
The Flux/Current chart shows you'll actually be getting 1980 lumens at your drive current of 1600mA.

That is some crazy brightness. And I must say I am quite happy to finally see that emitter in a light. Well done!

I offer my review thread to any prospective buyers that may be interested in seeing how brutal these BridgeLux emitters are.

Good Luck with the sale!

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

... that is obscene.

:thumbsup:

good luck with the sale.

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's an impressive amount of flood!!!

mash.m

Enlightened

Hi mash,

If this is a standard spec BXRA-C2000 25-die BridgeLux emitter, your light should be even more efficient than you say.

The data sheet indicates 2200 lumens at only 1750mA.
The Flux/Current chart shows you'll actually be getting 1980 lumens at your drive current of 1600mA.

That is some crazy brightness. And I must say I am quite happy to finally see that emitter in a light. Well done!

I offer my review thread to any prospective buyers that may be interested in seeing how brutal these BridgeLux emitters are.

Good Luck with the sale!

hi,

you are right. my mistake to read the spec carefully. i have read your review, and was impressed about these emitter. in my eyes the best price/performance.
so i build two of these great flood lights. one for me and one for sale. but the buying interest seems to by low...

markus

mmbeller191

Newly Enlightened
Markus,
Beautiful work! I wil admit up front that the light is not in my budget but I can appreciate it all the same. I wonder if the true power of this light is not being appreciated because there are no other lights in your beamshots as a comparison. Maybe if you added some shots with the Ultrafire compared to a beam people are familiar with like a Malkoff P60 or known p7 people would see this for the hand cannon that it is.

NeSSuS-GTE

Newly Enlightened
Agreed. Comparative beamshots will really help demonstrate its insane power.

But also, Custom mods are selling slowly in general these days. I think there is enthusiasm for this new type of light, but times are hard.
Fivemega's FM3X-FM3H sales are a sore example of the slow sales happening these days. And I guess I'm part of the trend since, I had to force myself to keep the wallet shut lately too. :mecry:

Just keep it up for sale. Some lucky person will eventually take the leap.... if I don't buy it first. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

mash.m

Enlightened
hi,

i think you are right. i should make some beamshots with some led´s that are more common. so thy guys here can see that this is an very high power light.

@NeSSuS-GTE
BTW: cool avatar...

markus

NorthAmericanMonitoring

Newly Enlightened
This is my first post, so you know now that your custom project convinced a flashlight newbie like me to register and comment...

=)

I'd like to talk to you on the phone or over chat if possible, send me an email, I'm interested in this project of yours.

NAM

mash.m

Enlightened
This is my first post, so you know now that your custom project convinced a flashlight newbie like me to register and comment...

=)

I'd like to talk to you on the phone or over chat if possible, send me an email, I'm interested in this project of yours.

NAM

hi nam,

you are a new user so i can´t write you a mail or privat massage. you can write me "mash.m at gmx.de"

markus

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this still for sale? I thought the RL-2088's came with a SMO reflector but your macro shot of the emitter makes me think you've got an OP one. Very impressive build.

mash.m

Enlightened
Is this still for sale? I thought the RL-2088's came with a SMO reflector but your macro shot of the emitter makes me think you've got an OP one. Very impressive build.

hi,

sorry, but this light was sold long time ago. i forgott the edit the thread title.
it was the original reflector (smo). this light was only for test and prototype. if you wan to build such a light, you need a very big reflector to get throw. it was a very good flood monster. the bridgelux emitter are very cheap. for homelighning very good.

thanks, markus

almaul2

Newly Enlightened
mash.m I need driver for a C2002, and manufactured to 3x18650, possible the hyperboost o hyperbuck, my mod is for trustfire x2 sst 50 dx.the bridgelux is pure white 16.2v 1.5a thanks:shrug: