anybody else have this gander mtn light?

snapper

Newly Enlightened
found it today and had to buy it. was like 32$ spot to flood, square beam on spot. pretty cool light. Search didn't tun up much. so anybody else have one?
100_0362.jpg

100_0360.jpg

100_0349.jpg

100_0356.jpg

any opinions of this light??

Later!! chris

snapper

Newly Enlightened
nobody?? I figure some one might know who made this or have one? So far i am liking it. The run time seems good so far. So anybody???

Later!! chris

snapper

Newly Enlightened
anybody??? You all are letting me down. There has got to be more info on this light? It is so cool, and well made. And has what i think is an almost perfect beam... So anybody??

Later!! chris

bobli17

Newly Enlightened
I don't have that light but I thought I might share some info I found.

When I first saw the light it looked like a shorten version of the 2AA RiverRock Nightfire (HERE).

(the tailcap with the orange click are the same on both lights) which also looks like the Nu-Flare lights
(HERE).

Check out the links and look around. There are some who say these lights are made by Nuwai. Over-all people seem to light those lights.

Don't be so dissappointed by lack of responses. Sometimes you have a light that many of us just don't have.

But if you want an opinion... I don't like the light. I don't think it puts out 125 lumens. If the focus is the same as the RiverRock, then I don't think it's very tight and doesn't throw very well. The lens is a dust trap and it's probably plastic so it scratches easily. I think 1aa lights are more for edc so i would prefer a simple sleek design and not the form of this light. The quality of the light is probably the same as the ones I mentioned above, which are good, but obviously not best. Finally, I wouldn't pay $32 for a 1aa rebel from an unknown company from gander.

However, I do like the design of the forward clickie tail-cap :)

bodhran

Enlightened
When I saw the picture I too thought it was a River Rock. I've never checked them out before unit today when the wife and I were wandering around Target. Looks darn close if not the same as what I saw.

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I knew some one could find it!! I know it aint everybody's cup of tea, but it is cheap has a really good feel, and is cheap to feed. Sure it is no e1b, but i have been carrying it ever since i bought it, and it is perfect for closer tasks, and i love being able to defocus it and not blind my self with the hot spot. I wish there were more lights like this out there. Okay, one question, it say an hour run time at 100 lumens. I wonder how flat the regulation is? I have used it sporadically so i cant tell how much the brightness has dropped off. So anybody have any guesses on the regulation? And i was also wondering if lithium aa's would work in it? Anybody know? And one more question, i have some cheaper nimh bats, wonder what the run time would be? So any input on my new questions appreciated..

Later!! chris

The 8th Man

Newly Enlightened
I have not had any time to play with it yet (yes I did go back and get one) but the fact that it was bought at a local store makes think that trying out different battery types would be no problem, if it fails you can always bring it back. I did open mine and I like the feel of it, I think for the money it's a good deal but I wish it had a low power option. I would compare the beam on spot to my [FONT=&quot]UltraFire UF-007 RECOILLED , [/FONT]not in power or throw but in shape. I kind of like the square beam.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]I also like the fact that it has a forward clickie, not too bad of a light.

Last edited:

damn_hammer

Enlightened
I received the below response from River Rock in April, when I asked about an updated version of the 1xAA. Maybe this light will be it.

... We do have plans to update the 1AA light most likely to a brighter Cree LED. We will also
change the look just a bit to freshen it up a bit. Everything should be completed and in Target stores later this summer.

Thank you for purchasing a River Rock LED light. We appreciate your
business.

Sincerely,
John
River Rock Designs, Inc.