Camping...LEDs, oh yeah.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from camping in South Dakota for a week. The camp site is out in the middle of no-where with no water, no electricity...nothing.

I took my bright incandescent lights (UK 4AA AS2 and PT Rage) and my LED lights (PT Attitude, Infinity Ultra and Energizer folding 2 LED lantern).

I never turned on the incandescent lights even one time.

I used the three LED lights a lot. I continue to be amazed how just the right amount of light will completely suffice for camping. I really only brought the BRIGHT incandesecent lights for the possibility that I might drop something (and need to look for it) or need to light up objects or people at a distance. None of that happened so...they never even got switched on once...in an entire week of camping!

Thanks to all of you on this forum for helping me over the last couple of years to research the best LED lights! The 3 I have are great and I love'em! I also have some Photons and an ARC AAA on my keychain but don't really use them during camping. The PT Attitude alone suffices for basically 95% of my year 'round need for a flashlight.

BTW...I run NiMH AAAs in the Attitude and some have mentioned this as a bad choice for extended camping 'cause of the small "self-discharge". Well...in a week that was NO problem. So...I'm also REALLY happy with the NiMHs!

Thanks!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just got back from the grand canyon and zion areas.

brought an inretech 2aa, 2 attitudes, a pal and cmg infinity ultra.

surprisingly, i didnt need any more light. it was incredibly dark at night!

particularly, i was comforted by the inretech (Li), because it gave a fantastic amount of light, and started to feel like old faithful. i used it intermittently for 9 days, and i dont think it has dimmed at all.

Bob