new Brinkman single AA?

hogger

Newly Enlightened
I saw this light in Acadamy Sports. Rubberized body, no clip or lanyard hole that I could see. Cree led, op reflector. Nice looking little light for $14.99. Someone give it a try. I would but my supervisor would:scowl:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Hmm sounds intresting, but we dont have an achemdy sports around here...any pictures or something?

hogger

Newly Enlightened
Take their maxfire 2xcr123 and shrink it down and there you have it. sorry but no pix.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this the light?

(Moderator note: Hotlinked pic removed IAW CPF Image Rules.)

Last edited by a moderator:

hogger

Newly Enlightened
no it's a new one no exposed hard plastic all soft rubber like it bigger brothers from Brinkman..

hogger

Newly Enlightened
I edited my earlier post but it didn't make it. I think that it looks like a mini surefire g2....do you agree

sed6

Enlightened
As promised, some pics.

I also bought mine at Academy Sports. They were mis-priced so I got mine for $8.99. Should have bought more for that price. The light has a reverse clicky unlike it's big brother that has a forward clicky. The lens is plastic as is the reflector which has a nice LOP texture. You can see from the beam shot it has a nice hot center, good spill, no rings and a decent transition from spot to spill. I added some LDF (light diffusing film) to further smooth it out. I also tried the 14500 in it. :poof: I knew better but since it came from a local store I can easily exchange it. The wife loves the light and immediately snagged the good one for her nightstand. I love that it has 1AA so she can care for and feed it herself.

Last edited:

hogger

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the pics. It seems like a nice g/p light for the price.:thumbsup:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, is that an XP-E? That's a very nice looking light (that other 1aa Cree Brinkman sucked BTW).

"The light has a reverse clicky unlike it's big brother that has a forward clicky." It says on the back of the package it has a tactical switch with momentary?

Last edited:

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a nice looking light, do you guys know what the runtime is like.......looking to get one for around the house.

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
Dude, is that an XP-E? That's a very nice looking light (that other 1aa Cree Brinkman sucked BTW).

"The light has a reverse clicky unlike it's big brother that has a forward clicky." It says on the back of the package it has a tactical switch with momentary?

Reverse clickies can be used as a tactical switch. Click on then push for momentary off. I'm not a fan of them but technically they can pass.

LightJaguar

Enlightened
Wow that light looks interesting. I have a Maxfire LX that I bought from a fellow member. I put cree drop in and it's my work horse light. Now I'm going to have to buy it's lil brother. I wish that they would bring back the Maxfire LX.

hogger

Newly Enlightened
if i am not mistaken Acadamy sports sells the maxfire 2 cr123. I have not seen the mini maxfire @ my wallyworld or target btw. You would think that any store that carries Brinkmann would jump on these. Nice price point and simple for the masses.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
lol man seems like a cool lil light. any guess on what the lumen output is?

edit, opps i see the front packaging now...next question lol does it really look like its 60 lumens? or less?

Last edited: