Bad clip on Nitecore D20

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
My second Nitecore with a clip arrived today. The D20 had been enticing me for over a year :huh: When the Q5 went on sale for $55 I made the move.

When the clip on my Nitecore SS Extreme fell off I was not pleased.
(4 Sevens did make it right quickly.)
When the D20 arrived with the clip screws loose and one was stripped, I decided I am returning it. Fortunately I bought it from 4 Sevens. Their service is excellent.

Last edited:

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Took the clip off my D20 and it's much better without. The various grooves and changes in diameter are there to allow your fingers to wrap round and get a good grip.

The clip just gets in the way.

It is a most excellent light. Take the clip off and enjoy it.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup:Good point about the light. It feels so well built other than the clip. The clip came off my Extreme (although 4 Sevens replaced it within the same week!). I think it's a most attractive design and the PD is unique. Having the ability to ramp up or down the brightness simply by pressing the PD is wonderful. I really like the PD 20 and 4 Sevens is great.

I think it'll fit fine in my 'old' Fenix L2D holster.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost all of the clips on the D20's we are received here at work have required a little tightening. The only downside of this light is not the light itself, but the silly tool they give you to tighten the screws - it is the wrong size as everyone else will agree.

James....

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Actually, my clip was perfect - securely attached, nothing loose, and the tool to undo the screws was exactly the right size.

I don't use it and got a good 'un, yet those of you that wanted the clip got dodgy ones.

Funny old world.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called 4 Sevens this morning and Trevor answered the phone. (I like their personal service with people who care.) He explained the 'mounting piece' in the tail cap could be the issue, so he's sending me TWO.:)

I'll see if the new assembly holds the clip as I am also getting 2 new sets of screws. It's a similiar looking clip to the Nitecore Extreme; yet it is attached differently.