Help: Twisty light acting strange

Chucula

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
I have a Bitz light that is acting funny. It has an interface similar to fenix twisties with multiple levels (on - off - on to switch). it is supposed to do this:
Hi --> med --> low --> hi etc
After 8 switches it is supposed to go into "special" mode.

What I get is the following:

Hi --> special mode --> ?? --> back to regular cycle

It jumps immediately into special mode and then I dont know what is happening. special mode is supposed to be 4 additional features (strobe, sos, etc), and after special mode it is supposed to return to regular mode. Instead, it stays in special mode or skips around to other levels. eventually (~ 5 or so switches) it returns to regular mode.

Also, it will sometimes skip levels or not turn on. I cant consistently reproduce it either. Sometimes it works but generally I have no idea what will happen when I try to switch modes (although I know what should happen).

There is a screw on the inside bottom of the light that is used to contact the bottom of the battery. If you tighten the head too much, the screw will bend/dent the bottom of the battery. Is this causing the problem?

any ideas? :candle:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The connection on the bottom of the tube is not causing the problem per say. Yes, one downside of the BitZ is that it's a crusher design, be a little gentle, pretend it's an automatic, not a sports car.

Tell us more. Is the light brand new? Have you recently lubed the threads? Because if the design of the light the connectivity of the threads is important, you might try cleaning them and using deoxit. The battery also can affect things, as the BitZ also have a little loop-spring for battery tension (its only 99% crusher), and it needs the positive battery terminal to disconnect. clean the positive terminal as well.

Is this a Ti BitZ or Aluminum one? My comments above apply to the aluminum one, the Ti one, might be slightly different.

Hope you get it worked out.

Chucula

Newly Enlightened
It is an aluminum bitz. The threads were pretty dirty. I dont know why I didnt try cleaning them first :shrug:

Looks like it is working now, thanks for your help :D