MG PLI not changing modes

Aaron

Newly Enlightened
I just got my MG PLI, and while I generally like it (lots of power for it's size), it does not appear to be working properly. The modes are not changing properly. When I press the power button, sometimes the light will flash, but not change modes. It just goes off while the button is pressed inward, but stays on the same mode. Other times it will change just fine. The fact that the light always flashes when the button is pressed would indicate to me that it's probably not a problem with the switch. The biggest problem that I have with it, however, is that sometimes (actually most of the time), it will go to the next mode when it is turned off. If I leave it on high, when I turn it on again, it will be on the lowest setting. This isn't good, as I wanted it to be a "bump in the night" flashlight, but when it comes on in low mode, it's totally unacceptable.

Has anyone else had this problem? I hate returning things, but I won't have a choice if I can't fix it myself.

Thanks

slate

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear of trouble. I own 2 of these fantastic lights and both work fine. Half presses will change mode but it always remembers the last mode. i am sure Bryan at Shiningbeam will make good if there is a problem