• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired BOTH SOLD: Orb Throwback

Long before RAW and Wee, there were Flik and Orb! The trend towards smaller and smaller left beauties like these in its wake. But, as President Obama likes to say: "Make no mistake...." these timeless classics can hang with the little guys just fine. :D

The Flik was the original production light from Orb and was made as a limited run by a British company called EFX. It is a VERY solid, extremely thick-walled aluminum light powered by 3 N cells (included), and operated by flicking the wrist. To turn off, just tap the bottom. Very cool, IMHO. Comes with original collector tin and packaging, as well as original instruction sheet, as pictured.

The Orignal Orb was the famous lanyard-activated light - just run the magnet link through the tail hole and the light activates. Also made of extremely thick-walled aluminum, the Orb runs on 2xCR123 (included), and comes with original twist plastic storage case and original cylindrical shipping tube. A trit runs lengthwise across the emitter. This is #27 from the special CPF run a few years back.

PayPal only (no e-checks, please, and I eat all fees). US and Canada shipping included in the price. Optional postal insurance available at $6 per light. International shipping available - PM me for quote.

Flik: $230, Now $185 shipped, ****SOLD****
Orb: $220, Now $175 shipped, ****SOLD****

Flik pics:
IMG_4440.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4445.jpg

Orb pics:
IMG_4446.jpg

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4449.jpg

IMG_4450.jpg

Last edited:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Orb Throwback!

I just grabbed my flik, 177grams with batts in.

Great light, good fun to give to others to use and watch as they try to turn it on! The kids always work it out first.

bf1

Enlightened
Re: Orb Throwback - HUGE Price Drop!!

You are giving those very special lights away.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Orb Throwback!

Thanks Essexman! :D

No problem AWTYD. :wave:

In these days of new fangled UI's with many light levels/SOS/strobe etc, you can look back at these lights and see how it all started.

Yes they were ON/OFF only , but in a very clever way.