LW4000 Arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

budlight

Newly Enlightened
Just received my third LED flashlight today (others being an X5 and a Proton) and it is a handful. Fully loaded with three D-cells this puppy must weigh in at about two pounds. The light is bright and diffused but what really attracted me was the running time of about a month. Seems to be well made and the end mounted lanyard is a nice touch since I can loop it around my wrist and hang on to it at the same time. Got a good price on it too ($38 on eBay). Looks like it'll be a good, bang around light for just about any application. Only problem I can see is confusing it with my collapsible umbrella in my briefcase.
smile.gif
Anyone have any comments about the LW4000? Now it's on to the battery endurance test...

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
They`re nice lights. Just be careful not to tighten the head up too far or it`ll get stuck. Something to do with the arrangement of the threads and the o-rings.

Newer versions may have corrected this, but I really wouldn`t know.

Thankfully you don`t need to change the batteries very often at all!

grin.gif

WarrenI

Newly Enlightened
Excellent construction as with well over a year using this light, it still functions without any problems. I gave a couple of LW3000 for Christmas presents, and they too are all running perfectly. They all, like my LW4000, are work or rough handling lights. Heck, my LW4000 is even stronger than the D cells inside. I dropped mines off a six foot ladder onto a concrete patio floor (while it was on, and created a great light show while falling). It fell on it's face and still functioned perfectly. After a few days, I opened the light and found that the positive tip of the top cell was pressed in about half way. It seems that when it was dropped, the cell got smashed down to this point on the tip. Since it was still working, I rotated this cell to the bottom of the pack. I wanted to keep a cell with a good positive tip at the top, to create a crumple zone...

Besides some scuff marks, my light still looks good and does not show any chip plastic or bumps after it's many drops. One great workhorse of a light...

Status
Not open for further replies.