Total Solar Eclipse in the East July 22nd

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a total Solar Eclipse for our Eastern Flashaholics July 22nd that will cover a lot of Asia and India. I guess this is the biggest and longest one for some 200 years and has the astrologer types predicting all sorts of doom and gloom. Hopefully for our friends in it's path it will be nothing more than a chance to light things up with your latest flashlights. It sounds like there will be nothing to see on this side of the planet (U.S. or Europe). I'm wondering whether there is much concern about this in areas of the total eclipse as the article on Yahoo made it sound like people in some countries would really be over reacting to the situation. Make sure you got your lights and stay safe over there.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I can say is... :party:

Let's see...I'm going to take my back-up... and my back-up's back-up...and my back-up's back-up's back-up. How many back-up is that already? O what the heck, one more for the trip.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
just five? oh get some batteries too :)

(i just realised that i once again went to work with 4 lights in my pockets.. i actually only needed one. second is backup to it.. but the 3. and 4.? sheesh. i really gotta start downsizing and keep it that way. the kid in me wants one extra to play with. i just need to shut him up. hahah.)

oh and eclipses are so eerie and cool! its weird that everything seems to quiet down a bit during it. actually realised once that birds did stop chirping when it was on fullest. and when the sun begun to creep back out 1st brave souls begun to make noises again.

and one eclipse i was a bit nervous.. i was supposed to be taking off as it happened, out of london heathrow airport.. luckily the plane was delayed hour or so coming in to the airport, so i was safely grounded and watched the eclipse in the terminal. and people were quieter during it too. most peering at the sun thru the windows. :)

sunfyre

Newly Enlightened
unfortunately for me, i'll only be able to see a partial eclipse. think it's only going to cover about 10% of the sun. should still be bright enough. will not be breaking out the emergency lights... :D