who's BROKE a Fenix Flashlight?

CdBoy

Newly Enlightened
anything can be broken or will be broken. i am a fan of fenix and surefire flashlights. i read a thread about who's BROKE a Surefire?

can anybody share a story of how you broke, totaled or damaged a Fenix flashlight?

currently i haven't broken any of my fenix flashlight yet.....but i already damaged a PD30's lens (it was scratched) and dented/nicked the paint finish when it fell on the stone gravel roadway.

my LD20 was slightly nicked on the painted/anodized body when it fell on the tiled-floor.

please share your stories.

p.s. i know nothing is invincible and of course anything can be damaged.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
and dented/nicked the paint finish when it fell on the stone gravel roadway.

my LD30 was slightly nicked on the painted/anodized body when it fell on the tiled-floor.

That's just everyday wear and tear, any serious EDC will over time look like it fell into a blender..

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've logged over 5 Years with one or more Fenix lights doing EDC duty. Lots of drops, a little moisture and I've never broken one yet. I had an LED issue on my P1D CE (after 11 months) which Fenix & 4 Sevens repaired and sent back to me no charge. Fenix and 7777's work together makes me really excited about Quark!

tadbik

Enlightened
My PD20 exploded. I think the battery was faulty and after the light was on for 10 minutes it got too hot and the battery vented.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
i messed up the threads on a p2d, i tired too hard to push on a tire inner tube, and so i guess i created a gap in the threads of the head, so when i switch modes in gernal it'll always go in to turbo mode. so to switch modes i got to make sure my hand isnt touching the head of the flashlight....never doing that again...

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
My beloved P1 Luxeon III died on me on several occasions. I had to disassembled it and fix it myself to make it work again. Then I got tired of it and give it away to a cavern guide. A P3D also died after I've dropped it on cement.

Last edited:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a fenix E0 that failed due to the inductor shearing off the board. Keyring duty so not too surprising - my keys do get dropped.

I fried an L2D-CE by putting in the batteries backwards too :( still not sure how I managed that as I'm usually very careful.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 Fenixes that have been dropped onto concrete and they only have small nicks in the finish, they still work fine though. I think Fenix makes the most slippery flashlight in the world. :sigh:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Haven't broken one yet but I've dropped them quite a bit.

Adding a pole to this thread would allow a quick glance if someone didn't want to read through each post.

AusKipper

Enlightened
The tail clicker on my TK10 died, had to be replaced.

This was after 12 months or so of EDC. I would not say Fenix are unreliable because of it, I have plenty of other Fenix's I have not killed :p

I now have 3 spare tail-clickers for my Fenix's... just incase :)

Unfortunately if my TK40 tail clicker goes I wont be able to replace that :( (I think the E20 is different also..)

Mundele

Newly Enlightened
Had an alkaline battery leak and swell up in my early AAA fenix. Don't remember the model name. Couldn't get the battery out, even tried drilling it. I threw it away.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a Fenix L2P that stopped working after about a 1-2m fall on concrete(although it had survived worse before) and I might add that lighthound took care of a replacement head, no questions asked.
Then I have a Fenix L2D that has survived anything from Amazonas to Swedish mountain rivers and a L1P that still gets some use from time to time.
If a light fails, it fails. If you really need a working light, bring a backup.

Last edited:

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,

I had an L2T (luxeon) that died after a short while and an L2P (luxeon 1W) that broke down after a fall on a hard floor from some 5 feet.

All the other Fenixes (I lost count) were flawless.

Kind regards,
Joris

moerush04

Newly Enlightened
who's BROKE a Fenix Flashlight?

Not here. I have a friend I work with here at the airlines who has a Fenix light. I am not sure which light it is but it takes AA batteries. Maybe the L2D something similar to that. It is cigar sized. It has a few brightness modes and a strobe if that narrows it down. Anyway he has had it for two years and has put it to the test on several occasions. He dropped it off an engine pylon 15 feet up which put a slight dent on its edge. He has gotten Skydrol (a phosphate ester based hydraulic fluid) on it which is known to eat up anything it touches including paint, rubber seals, etc. It is mean stuff. He got it on the rubber push button and the surface of his light and it has shown no signs of deterioration.

Another one has the TK10 and said the same thing. Survives through two years of abuse. I am throughly impressed by the durability of Fenix.

Latest posts