Good LED Flashlight?

tekgek

Newly Enlightened
hey, all,
this is my first post here, and I am in the market for a new flash light. I have been searching for about two weeks now. I need something that has a low mode for working inside computers, and illuminates everything clearly, and a bright high mode for outside. If possible is there a light that does these things and is powered by something other than cr123a. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
tekgek

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
looking for 2 weeks and havent found anything interesting yet, not even while surfing here thru th threads? well, pretty much every manufacturer has a model (or few) for you to choose from..

few to look at:

Nitecore d10 (1 AA light) (easy ramping from low to high, and quick acess to both.. one of the most liked light in here. its also my current every day carry flashlight)

4sevens Quark tactical (1AA) (probably my next EDC flashlight)

Nitecore EZAA (1AA) (interesting simple twisty light with 2 modes)

fenix ld10 (1AA) (very popular multi mode light)

1st need to decide, price range. (most above are under 70)
2nd need to know, the size. (1 cell light or 2 cell light? AA or AAA batteries?)
3rd twisty or cliky on/off (most are clicky switches, and on the rear)
4th need a pocket clip?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good suggestions here already. I would add the LumaPower Connexion AA/14500. There's something about the way it feels, the GITD tailcap, clip. It's not as bright as my 2 level Wolf Eyes Angel A but it's bright enough with a nice somewhat cool white tint.That's the light next to my keyboard. I don't have a D10, but based on my PD 20, I'd expect it would have a VERY nice feel to it, and of course a nice bright beam with many levels. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
looking for 2 weeks and havent found anything interesting yet, not even while surfing here thru th threads? well, pretty much every manufacturer has a model (or few) for you to choose from..

few to look at:

Nitecore d10 (1 AA light) (easy ramping from low to high, and quick acess to both.. one of the most liked light in here. its also my current every day carry flashlight)

4sevens Quark tactical (1AA) (probably my next EDC flashlight)

Nitecore EZAA (1AA) (interesting simple twisty light with 2 modes)

fenix ld10 (1AA) (very popular multi mode light)

1st need to decide, price range. (most above are under 70)
2nd need to know, the size. (1 cell light or 2 cell light? AA or AAA batteries?)
3rd twisty or cliky on/off (most are clicky switches, and on the rear)
4th need a pocket clip?

Well said! :thumbsup:

The Nitecore D10 R2 for excellent clicky versatility. Easy click combinations that will get you to highest or lowest in a second, and will also remember your last setting next time you turn it on (100 different choices).

Nitecore EZAA for twisty simplicity (Bright high, and not too low of a low so you can still illuminate whatever is inside your CPU without having to squint). I would recommend a warm tint in this light for your line of work so you can be able to tell different colors apart better.

Quark AA / Fenix LD10 if you don't mind twisting every now and then with two hands to access min/max brightness. Excellent lights, but I prefer these lights outdoors. Quark has the cleanest beam and best throw out of all mentioned above, so this might be perfect for your outdoor needs. ( loosen the head to access the modes you will need to work on computers (moonlight, min, med, high, etc), and tighten the head for your outdoor activities (turbo mode, strobe). Not to mention this light also comes in a warm tint as well...

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'd say to consider the LiteFlux LF2XT. A nice floody beam, perfect for close work, with a lower low than most and a quite adequate high. Runs on 1 AAA.

Geoff

tbenedict

Enlightened
Talking a little out of my league, but I bet the Fenix E01 would be good for working inside computers if you wanted to open up the outside option with something else.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
If you will be working with both hands a lot when you need light, you should consider a headlamp.

One of the Zebralight AA models might be great for you.

AusKipper

Enlightened
Zebralight H501 sounds like it would suit your needs.

Thats my only 1xAA light, so i'll let others make recommendations in that area. However for 1xAAA I can recommend the Fenix LD01 in Stainless Steel :) :) :) I love mine, best keychain light ever (though of course some will dissagree..)

If you have no need for a significant amount of throw though, the Zebra would be absolutly ideal for looking inside PC's.

If you wear a cap you can make any of the Fenix 1xAAA's hands free anyway (with the pocket clip)