What is your favorite Ra Light?

Which Ra Light do you like best?

• Total voters

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no wrong answer. So vote away! Just let us know why...

Is it your line of work? Does one fit your lifestyle better than the other? Convenience?

gsxrac

Enlightened
Well Ive only got a Clicky Tactical and a Twisty 85Tr but out of all my lights I think I like my Clicky the most? Mainly the UI and a decent output (140lm burst) and great runtime. Plus I like one handed operation.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clicky 140Cn, I love the Osram GD beam with the extra throw and nice tint. I guess I would like a 200 more if I had one!!:D

James...

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the 85-TR myself, but I currently have a custom built 140 lumen Ra Clicky Executive Tactical hybrid. Executive body (flushed clicky and SS bezel, but Tactical operations and a narrow beam). I love it! I was just curious about the red low of the 85-TR, and the bombproof design of the Twisty... Anyone have an 18650 tube with their twisty? I am very curious on how many lumens this puts out...

Last edited:

dagored

Enlightened
AS CaNo said, there is no wrong answer, and I had a hard time choosing.

Just scored a 100 Twisty to go along with a 120 programed as a tactical with a flush switch and a 140 programed as EDC with a raised switch. I love then all and thinking of getting a 170. What if a 200 becomes available all the time, I'm in trouble again.

gsxrac

Enlightened
I just ordered the 85-TR myself, but I currently have a custom built 140 lumen Ra Clicky Executive Tactical hybrid. Executive body (flushed clicky and SS bezel, but Tactical operations and a narrow beam). I love it! I was just curious about the red low of the 85-TR, and the bombproof design of the Twisty... Anyone have an 18650 tube with their twisty? I am very curious on how many lumens this puts out...

I felt the same and also had never owned a single LED that had 2 different color choices. Overall I LOVE the build of the Twisty and I really enjoy the red low beam but in the time the light saw EDC duty I very rarely used the red low for anything even though I use my low low on my clicky quite often. But the best time I can think to use the low red would be for reading a map with night adapted vision or some other up close task. BUT the 85-Tr does seem to have a more throw based beam than my Clicky 140. Maybe thats another reason I like my clicky?

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
AS CaNo said, there is no wrong answer, and I had a hard time choosing.

Just scored a 100 Twisty to go along with a 120 programed as a tactical with a flush switch and a 140 programed as EDC with a raised switch. I love then all and thinking of getting a 170. What if a 200 becomes available all the time, I'm in trouble again.

Then you realize that you can put an 18650 tube on that 200 lumen Ra light and it may even come in titanium... and soon you will see Henry's house on MTV's Cribs haha! And realize you own a couple bricks in that huge mansion of his lol :crackup:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I felt the same and also had never owned a single LED that had 2 different color choices. Overall I LOVE the build of the Twisty and I really enjoy the red low beam but in the time the light saw EDC duty I very rarely used the red low for anything even though I use my low low on my clicky quite often. But the best time I can think to use the low red would be for reading a map with night adapted vision or some other up close task.

Thats very interesting... since I have never used a Red light for anything in life really. Maybe if you are trying to avoid being spotted... I guess it is more discrete (Red output)?

gsxrac

Enlightened
Thats very interesting... since I have never used a Red light for anything in life really. Maybe if you are trying to avoid being spotted... I guess it is more discrete (Red output)?

Well I would gladly use the red for navigating around my house at night if it was .5-1 lumen brighter it just doesn't reach the ground far enough to be useful for my application. And red doesn't kill your night adapted vision as bad as white (or in a lot of cases purple-green :green:)

But that's enough thread clogging for me back OT ;)

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I would gladly use the red for navigating around my house at night if it was .5-1 lumen brighter it just doesn't reach the ground far enough to be useful for my application. And red doesn't kill your night adapted vision as bad as white (or in a lot of cases purple-green :green:)

But that's enough thread clogging for me back OT ;)

Actually this was useful information since I currently do not have the light in hand. I just thought I would jump on it since Henry stated that he will not make anymore of the 85-TR's. And does not really plan on making lights with the Red output period. So being the flashaholic that I am, I bought one while they are still in stock. I just don't know for how much longer... Everyone seems to be sold out except BS.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually this was useful information since I currently do not have the light in hand. I just thought I would jump on it since Henry stated that he will not make anymore of the 85-TR's. And does not really plan on making lights with the Red output period. So being the flashaholic that I am, I bought one while they are still in stock. I just don't know for how much longer... Everyone seems to be sold out except BS.
The original 85-TR's had an older series Osram emitter that incorporated the red secondary led for indicating reverse polarity.

The newer style Osram GD Emitters no longer have this feature - hence this feature is not available with the clicky 140Cn.

James...

Last edited:

suregetfired

Newly Enlightened
I like my Clicky very much. The only thing that starts to annoy me is the greenish tint. Sigh....

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Favorite Ra (currently) is my TR-70. Gotta love the low red +white in one package.

-Mayo

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like twisties, a personnal thing, I preffer to screw my light tightly together and use a clicky.

So, I vote for the Clicky, and the executive version, as I have two of them and don't really see my personnal advantage of a tactical, the momentary option is tactical enough for me! :thumbsup:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like twisties, a personnal thing, I preffer to screw my light tightly together and use a clicky.

So, I vote for the Clicky, and the executive version, as I have two of them and don't really see my personnal advantage of a tactical, the momentary option is tactical enough for me! :thumbsup:

Afterall, isn't the only real difference between the tactical, and the executive the narrow beam, the darker bezel, and the order of the modes? You can set up the executive like a tactical by playing around with the customization function of the clicky... correct?

callmaster

Enlightened
I still want a Twisty. Just haven't ordered one yet. Hope I finally decide before they're all gone.