SF M3's MN11 Pics

Thundar

Newly Enlightened
I recently got an MN11 lamp for my Surefire M3. I also bought a couple of AW's 16340 rechargeable batteries to run it.

Here are the M3's beamshots from 55 feet away...

The MN10 lamp and Surefire CR123 cells:

th_LightComparisonsJuly212009002.jpg

th_LightComparisonsJuly212009003.jpg

The MN11 lamp and Surefire CR123 cells:

th_LightComparisonsJuly212009005.jpg

th_LightComparisonsJuly212009006.jpg

The MN11 lamp and AW rechargeable 16340 cells:

th_LightComparisonsJuly212009008.jpg

th_LightComparisonsJuly212009009.jpg

th_LightComparisonsJuly212009010.jpg

... I'm not sure what happened with the last photo. I think the camera let less light in because the beam was giving so much glare when the lens was zoomed. I actually had two other photos that had more glare than the 2nd to last shot, but they looked too bad to keep.

Vernon

Enlightened
Great shots! I'm thinking about getting an M3 but can't make the decision to pull the trigger. I would be more apt to buy one if I knew Surefire was definitely releasing the new LED upgrade (or if there were a quality LED upgrade like a Malkoff).

Are you happy with the light. Any suggestions?

MrSneakyMan

Newly Enlightened
I would hold off on getting the M3. I purchased one last week and with 24 hours the lamp exploded inside the head assembly. Thats with about only 5 minutes of runtime and the surefire factory issue 123 batteries.

After replacing the MN11 with MN10 back up lamp. It was all good. Well for week. One week on the whole thing just doesn't work anymore! The batteries are fine but I now have a very expensive paper weight

I contacted surefire and they haven't replied to my emails. Well done guys. You must be too caught up with those government contracts to worry about the average joe.

My advice...hold off until they (surefire) move away from the xenon bulbs. The battery draining factor combined with their fragility means they simply are not worth the cost. Get an LED light for sure.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
MrSneakyMan,

All four of your posts are about your bad experience with your M3, you are beginning to look like a troll.