Ordered a few bits for my trip!

short1uk

Newly Enlightened
Hey - not posted in a long time.

Am off camping in a few weeks so thought it was about time I bought a new torch for the trip.

Decided on another Fenix P3D - I love this torch its such an all rounder and works well with the Fenix Headband I also ordered :sssh:

Bought a couple of the lock blocks and managed to fit one to my bike helmet last night was very impressed by how strudy it seemed to fit. Fitted well to my handle bars as well.

I also ordered the Fenix bike mount but atm I cant seem to get it to rotate 360 like it advertises I will have to look at it when I get home. I think it might have been a bad move purchasing this now as the handle bards on my bike are sloped and so I dont think its going to fit tbh.

Also ordered the white and red diffusers for in the tent, should make it a bit easier to read.

I bought some AW RCR123A for the Fenix as I spend a small fortune on the CR123A's (just ordered another 20 to take with us as spares).

I will be taking my Olight M20 as this is my favourite torch of all time. I am debating about buying a ZEBRALIGHT H60 - they look sweet. But I am a little skint after buying all the other bits.

Found my Surefire L4 the other day - I cant say I use it I spent £150 on it and cant take it out the house for fear of losing it!!!

Would anyone want to swap the Surefire for a new H60? The Surefire is as new (I might even have the box some where)

Anyone think of any other bits I might need for the trip apart from the bits I already bought

Fenix headband
Diffusers
20 CR123A's
4 x AW RCR123A
Charger for above and the 18650 ones too
P3D Q5
Lock blocks x 2
Fenix handle bar mount
Surefire battery holder (holds 4)

I have ordered some para cord too - was thinking of putting it round the handle on the Olight as its a bit rough sometimes.

Catherine

travelinman

Enlightened
"Camping" is a very nebulous term. Some think going to the beach in a 40' motorhome is "camping". Other think packing a small backpack and leaving on a backcountry trail, many miles from nowhere for a couple of weeks is "camping".

What kind of "camping" are you going to do?

mbiraman

Newly Enlightened
Hey - not posted in a long time.

Am off camping in a few weeks so thought it was about time I bought a new torch for the trip.

Decided on another Fenix P3D - I love this torch its such an all rounder and works well with the Fenix Headband I also ordered :sssh:

Bought a couple of the lock blocks and managed to fit one to my bike helmet last night was very impressed by how strudy it seemed to fit. Fitted well to my handle bars as well.

I also ordered the Fenix bike mount but atm I cant seem to get it to rotate 360 like it advertises I will have to look at it when I get home. I think it might have been a bad move purchasing this now as the handle bards on my bike are sloped and so I dont think its going to fit tbh.

Also ordered the white and red diffusers for in the tent, should make it a bit easier to read.

I bought some AW RCR123A for the Fenix as I spend a small fortune on the CR123A's (just ordered another 20 to take with us as spares).

I will be taking my Olight M20 as this is my favourite torch of all time. I am debating about buying a ZEBRALIGHT H60 - they look sweet. But I am a little skint after buying all the other bits.

Found my Surefire L4 the other day - I cant say I use it I spent £150 on it and cant take it out the house for fear of losing it!!!

Would anyone want to swap the Surefire for a new H60? The Surefire is as new (I might even have the box some where)

Anyone think of any other bits I might need for the trip apart from the bits I already bought

Fenix headband
Diffusers
20 CR123A's
4 x AW RCR123A
Charger for above and the 18650 ones too
P3D Q5
Lock blocks x 2
Fenix handle bar mount
Surefire battery holder (holds 4)

I have ordered some para cord too - was thinking of putting it round the handle on the Olight as its a bit rough sometimes.

Catherine

Enjoy your camping trip. What lock blocks did you buy to fit the light to your helmut??

short1uk

Newly Enlightened
We are going to France for 2 weeks in a tent. Middle of France with nothing around! Proper camping!!!!

I got the two fish lock block

I have 2 of them now, still not sure on this headband. No instructions on the best way to fit he bands to it. After studying some pics on the net I think I have managed to get it right. I cant try it as I am in work and people would look at me rather weirdly if I suddenly put it on lol!

short1uk

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I tried 2 Fenix P3D's in the headband - looks so cool!! The light output is amazing. On high I noticed that it does slightly glare on my glasses though but I could slide the torch further forward and this would sort it.

I tried in vain to fit my M20 - defo a no go not unless I zip tied it but then it would be too heavy on my head.

I decided on my Arc AA in the right side for reading in the tent and my Fenix P3D on the left for out and about. I could put the surefire in but its just over kill and would get too hot and only last hour and half or so.

What other lights do people put in the band?

Catherine

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you seem to have it all covered, i would add, get a headlamp to keep your hands free. I got myself a Zebralight H501, runs on AA/14500 and its plenty good enough in the dark (i go shoreline nightfishing) without a moon. I was thinking of the H60 too but it seems a wee bit heavy but with the H501, you can forget that its even there. 3 modes with a hidden strobe (too fast in my opinion, never used it), a REALLY low mode, a very usable medium and a nice high mode and its pure flood so you could go walkin around and not trip over stuff.

If you dont want that, get a Fenix E01, 10 hours on a normal AAA with another 11 hour moon mode, i use mine to drain AAA cells from the TV remotes etc and i still have a bunch of them to run dry while i switch everything to eneloops (save the world!). Dont get too perturbed about the purplish tint of the LED, it isnt that apparent in real life usage.

enjoy your camping trip, get some photos of the lights in use if you can :D we (or me) love pictures of real life usage of flashlights.

EDIT: for the zebralight, i ordered mine from the zebralight website direct, for the E01, i would order from 4sevens (free shipping and discount code "CPF8")

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the zebralight should've been the priority.
:grin2:

agreed, headlamps are great when you need to use your hands, nice to see a fellow CPF-er from Malaysia, i'm your neighbour across the causeway in that tiny little red dot

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think, like hyperloop said, a Zebralight and a E01 could be considered standard equipment for a camping trip. Long throwers won't see much use, except for fun.

Geoff

*Dusty*

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure she said she had bought the fenix headband to convert her P3D to a headlamp.

I recently bought a Petzl Tikka xp for household and L1D Q5 with the Fenix headband for when I just need the extra brightness :)

Enjoy your trip!!

short1uk

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I did (buy the Fenix Headband), I have some pics on my iphone of the set up I will upload them later when I get home. I am thinking in the tent I might put the diffuser on the end, didnt try it last night will try it tonight to see what it looks like.

The Arc does a good job not sure on its run times though need to have a google as I bought it years ago!

I am still interested in a Zebralight they look so good.

I will defo take some pics of the lights in use, esp the M20 < just love that torch.

I am getting some money soon after an accident, thinking of getting the Fenix TA21 drooooooool!

Catherine