National CCW vote tomorrow.

cbxer55

Enlightened
There is an important vote tomorrow. This is for National Reciprocity for
concealed weapon licenses. I already know where my senators stand on this issue.
But my father and I called them anyhow. I don't know how
many folks here have CWLs, but suspect it is a lot.
Need to call your senators if you find this issue important.

Hmmm, wonder what senators feinstein and boxer will think if this passes?

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=239783

Last edited:

gsxrac

Enlightened
Its about damn time! Ive been waiting for some GOOD legislation to go through for a while and right to carry in just about any state sounds like good news to me! I will be calling ASAP

vb14

Newly Enlightened
As good as this sounds, I would rather the feds leave it alone...

GreyShark

Enlightened
I would argue that RKBA is expressly covered in the Constitution so it's actually one place where the feds should get involved. If the federal government has any role at all in the world of legislation it's ensuring all Americans are granted their Constitutionally protected rights. Right now millions of Americans are being denied their basic rights and that needs to be changed.

paintballdad

Enlightened
I envy the folks that reside in a state where CCW permits are readily issued to qualified law abiding citizens. California unfortunately is not one of those CCW friendly states. They make you jump through hoops and make it cost prohibitive for most citizens to obtain a permit. In some localities the cost of the permit can reach almost $500.

I guess i can always move.....

vb14

Newly Enlightened
Like I said, it sounds really good... for now... My concern here is once it's on federal government's hands, who's to say they won't slowly change it for the worse... on a national level? Few years down the road, they might say you'd be disqualified if you have a speeding ticket!

Pardon me for being a pessimist, but i believe if you want to screw up something really bad, let the feds handle it...

What they giveth, they taketh away...

GreyShark

Enlightened
I wouldn't worry about that. The feds already do what they want anyway, even if it is against the law.

...and to think, the ATF was originally just an office of the IRS and none of the products they cover are illegal or even immoral.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I envy the folks that reside in a state where CCW permits are readily issued to qualified law abiding citizens. California unfortunately is not one of those CCW friendly states. They make you jump through hoops and make it cost prohibitive for most citizens to obtain a permit. In some localities the cost of the permit can reach almost $500.

most CA counties with significant population do not issue for self-defense. The city PDs defer to coutny sheriff's and sherrifs are typically anti-CCW. In some counties the Sheriff's openly say they only issue to judges and retired cops(which is now superceded by the national LEO CCW law)

If a permit costs 500 dollars and is issued to all with good moral characters I suspect people will flock to get it.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
that would be awesome if it passes, thou i think carry will still be restricted in nyc, it took me 9 mounths to get premises license, pbly hell will freeze over before nyc issues ccw.