question about Blaster III ?

hanuman

Newly Enlightened
I have seen some people talk about Blaster III in this group. When I visit ElektroLumens website, I see only Blaster II,V,VI. There is nothing about Blaster III at all. Is it the same as Blaster II ?
I am interested in Blaster II. The question is how far Blaster II can reach ? I am looking for a long throw one for my parents who live in suburban. I can't effort something like Surefire M6. thanks!

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is no Blaster III, just II, V, and VI. Blaster II is a one watt that focuses nicely for decent throw but no spill light. It is adjustable , and by the time you adjust all the spot focus out of it, it is similar to many of the non focusing lights. For longer throw, Spaceneedle II, and the Blaster V and VI are good. Blaster V with C batteries is supposed to be pretty bright, I've got the VI and waiting for my 3 to D battery holder. The advantage to the Blaster V and VI is that they are being produced commercially and you don't have to wait until the mad dash begins for the only occasional offerings from Mr Bulk. I have both and think both are wonderful.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old Blaster II used the NX05 optics. The NEW Blaster II uses the 30mm optics and is also called the Blaster II+ or III. The Blaster III is just a different name for the new Blaster II.

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Pi_is_blue said: The Blaster III is just a different name for the new Blaster II.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that info! I picked up a Blaster II with the 30mm optics and the receipt had BlasterIII printed on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

hanuman, the Blaster II really lights things up around the yard (and the neighbor's yard). I wish I could take some decent pictures. For a general purpose light it's hard to beat. The 72 hour run time also rocks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif