Got my olight T20

rolexconfuse

Newly Enlightened
I just ran to the store during my lunch hour and picked up the Olight T20. It's pretty nice looking. Much smaller and thinner than I thought it would be based on the pictures that I've seen. I haven't had a chance to really do a test. But at max brightness (200 Lumens) the olight doesn't seem to be as bright as my 90 lumen led lenser (v2 7736). I cycled through all 5 power levels so I'm pretty sure I'm back at the max level.

I'll compare it again at night against the led lenser. I'm just hoping I didn't get a dude olight.

rolexconfuse

Newly Enlightened
I did a quick comparison and I realize that the coast led lenser has a more concentrated hot spot versus the olight T20. And the T20 has a larger + brighter spill.

The light is a lot cooler than the Coast. The coast is really white

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
try a ceiling bounce test, go to a dark room and turn off the lights and shine both ( one at a time) at the ceiling and see which one lights up the room better...its a rough way to test out lumens...

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I did a quick comparison and I realize that the coast led lenser has a more concentrated hot spot versus the olight T20. And the T20 has a larger + brighter spill.

The light is a lot cooler than the Coast. The coast is really white

I recently purchased a T20 also. On Light Reviews.com they rated the spill of the T20 highly. I must admit, however, I am disappointed with the tiny hotspot...it's bright but too small for my taste. Next time I order something from 4sevens I'm going to order a diffuser for my T20 to spread out the light more effectively. I wasn't looking for a thrower.

rolexconfuse

Newly Enlightened
Did the test again using the ceiling and I have to say the Olight bounce back light is more and a lot stronger. It does make the room a lot brighter and I can see more of my surroundings. However the coast wins in the hot spot challenge. The coast hotspot completely over powers the Olight which suprises me considering I have the olight on the max and the Coast is rated only as 90 lumens.

try a ceiling bounce test, go to a dark room and turn off the lights and shine both ( one at a time) at the ceiling and see which one lights up the room better...its a rough way to test out lumens...

recDNA

Flashaholic
I just ran to the store during my lunch hour and picked up the Olight T20. It's pretty nice looking. Much smaller and thinner than I thought it would be based on the pictures that I've seen. I haven't had a chance to really do a test. But at max brightness (200 Lumens) the olight doesn't seem to be as bright as my 90 lumen led lenser (v2 7736). I cycled through all 5 power levels so I'm pretty sure I'm back at the max level.

I'll compare it again at night against the led lenser. I'm just hoping I didn't get a dude olight.

What store carries it?