--Romisen rc-t6--problem--

Sardo84

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I've recently bought a rct6 with 4 CR123A 3,7V batteries( two of those are defective)from a e-bay dealer:twak: ; the flashlight does not work properly with 3 batteries (2 + 1 defective) the six leds do not lights up simultaneously, only two at time;
Whit 4 batteries (2 + 2 defective) I can see a strange phenomen: STROBE EFFECT??? It's that in some way normal?
thanks from an italian newbie ;)

Last edited:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: --Romisen rct6--problem--

What do you mean by "defective"? If it was defective then the light won't even turn on at all.

And have you tried switching modes?

And try using only two "good" batteries and use a wire to make contact between the negative contact and the flashlight's body.

Sardo84

Newly Enlightened
Re: --Romisen rct6--problem--

Thank you!

And try using only two "good" batteries and use a wire to make contact between the negative contact and the flashlight's body.

Ok.......
Result: No strobe effect :)
mode 1 : only two leds on,
mode 2 : only two leds on (other two)
mode 3 : 2 leds on + other 2 very weak

The first time that I used the flashlight with the 4 3,7V batteries, everithing has gone normal for a few minutes of use; Then i tested the batteries and I saw that 2 of 4batteries were unusable ;

Sometings wrong in the flashlight? :confused:

Last edited:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think your flashlight is ok the problem is your batteries.

There should be a small circuit in the negative side of the battery, if you are sure the battery doesn't work, remove this circuit and the wire that goes to the + side, and use it as unprotected cell, but first you should know how to handle and charge an unprotected cell.

You can try buying 4 CR123 camera atteries from your local mall and test the flashlight. Should work fine otherwise they sent you a broken unit

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
The issue must be located on the driver.
The driver has three channels, each one supplying two leds.
The channels grounds are gathered through two diodes. Defective diodes would result into the problem described by Sardo84.
Maybe these diodes burnt because of the high input voltage.
The RC-T6 is told able to manage up to 16.8V, but I tested several RC-T6 and one of them worked perfectly with two 18650 but the driver get broken with four 16340. Perhaps the RC-T6 driver has a random weakness that can cause a failure with four 16340.

Sardo84

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to you all.

Now I will search for 2 cr123a to test the flashlight;
Naturally I hope that richardcpf is right, I don't know how to handle circuits or similar:thinking: I think that i must learn it if Lernite is right...that's difficult?
Any other help or opinion will be greatly appreciated!

DM51

Flashaholic
You may just have to accept that this is a poor-quality light which you are trying to operate with batteries of even poorer quality.

By all means experiment with it and try to get it working again - you will feel a great sense of achievement if you succeed - but PLEASE do not play around with unprotected Li-Ion cells unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

Sardo84

Newly Enlightened
You may just have to accept that this is a poor-quality light which you are trying to operate with batteries of even poorer quality.

By all means experiment with it and try to get it working again - you will feel a great sense of achievement if you succeed - but PLEASE do not play around with unprotected Li-Ion cells unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

I had no intention of doing so..I do not know MINIMALLY what to do.. and I would not to :thinking::poof: ...
thanks for the advice however :thanks:

Sardo84

Newly Enlightened
Hello to all..
Yesterday I've tested the flashlight with new batteries and I've found that the problem was caused only by the low voltage; with 4 3V cr123 batteries the flashlight is doing his work :cool: !