• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **SOLD** 9x Cree R2 LedZep MOBY ****...New Purchase Options!

donn_

Flashaholic
SOLD

Several new purchase options, now priced at
more than $350 less than it cost to have it built!

Here's my most powerful LED light, and may still be the brightest LED build Led Zeppelin has created.

It's the
LZDBL9xR2

Led Zeppelin Delghi BigLeef with 9x Cree XR-E R2 WG emitters.

On high, each emitter is seeing 970mA. A conservative estimate of output is well north of 2,000 lumens!

Full specs and many more photos on the build thread.

Here's a beamshot I borrowed from LedZep's Moby **** Shoot Out thread. The only difference is this light has two of the small reflectors replaced with LZ's special aspherics in holders. The same thing can be done to my light. Here is further explanation of this option. Note the dramatic increase in Lux measurements with aspherics.

dsc1629eu2.jpg

There are 3 different body options available, depending upon intended battery use:

IMGP2718.jpg

This option includes 4x BigLeef C segments, which will hold 3x A123 cells or 2x 26670 Emoli cells. This is the longest option.

SOLD

IMGP2860.jpg

This option includes 2x BigLeef 26670 segments, which will hold 2x AW IMR C cells, without boring. This is the shortest option.

SOLD

IMGP2861.jpg

This is the middle-length option. 2x 26670 segments and 1x C segment. This will hold 3x 26650 A123 cells or 2x 26670 Emoli cells.

$710 + PPI SOLD

IMGP2719.jpg

I will sell the head and adapter only, for anyone who already owns BigLeef body segments and tail switch.

SOLD

* Any necessary spacers can be provided with either body option.

I don't do PM. My email and Paypal address is:

email.jpg

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 9x Cree R2 LedZep MOBY ****...New Purchase Options!

IMGP2860.jpg

This option includes 2x BigLeef 26670 segments, which will hold 2x AW IMR C cells, without boring.
Have you powered it on using this configuration yet donn? What did you use as a spacer for the additional 26mm x 34mm leftover? That setup looks great IMHO. Sure wish I could afford it.

donn_

Flashaholic

I've used it with every configuration listed, as well as several others, using high-amperage NiMH cells and 18650, and 18500 IMR cells (runtimes are too short with the smaller cells). Spacers are copper, insulated with electricians tape or poly tubing.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

pepko,

I have deleted your posts, and the one post replying to you. DO NOT post here again. What you were doing is known as trashing a sales thread. It is not acceptable. Don't do this ever again.